What a Hoot!

What a Hoot!

Let me tell you something, I am down with the whole dresser-as-a-changing table idea. Because, duh, when your baby is out of diapers, you still have a very usable dresser.  There is just no disguising a regular changing table after its purpose in life has peaked:  “Hey, uh Susan?  Why is there a changing table in your living room?”  “Don’t be a fool!  That’s obviously a bookcase!”  “Oooookaaaay.”

So anyway, here’s a great $8 dresser that Better After reader Brooke repurposed as a changing table. And just in case you were about to point out that any child sleeping in a twin bed should be out of diapers, let me tell you something else: this is a shared bedroom, the crib is just out of sight.  And I think the whole room is outta sight!

And look!  Brooke didn’t stop there with her bargain finds, she picked up these owls for $3, fixed the toe (claw?  talon?) with an old pen cap and clay, and now she has a sweet little set of bookends.

Krrb.com connects neighbors

to buy, sell, trade and give

secondhand and handmade.

1. August 22, 2011 / 3:39 PM

I made the changing table mistake the with my first child…never again. Those owls are so simple, yet so brilliant!

2. August 22, 2011 / 5:04 PM

Those owls are fantastic! So different after! Love the whole room!

3. August 22, 2011 / 6:24 PM

Love the room (especially the vice versa white on the walls, blue on ceiling thing)…the owls are fantastic! I love that they only read blue books…

4. August 22, 2011 / 6:30 PM

LOVE this room!

5. August 22, 2011 / 6:31 PM

okay… I’m officially beyond impressed with the whole clay/pen cap fix. I just found your site from CakeWrecks (nice posting btw!) and put it in my Must See Everyday group then I sent the link to all my peeps. I think my day will be Better After each day’s new posting 🙂

6. August 22, 2011 / 9:20 PM

AWWWWE I love those bookends!

7. August 23, 2011 / 1:04 AM

Love the owls (owls used to freak me out, now I adore them, odd how that happens), I bought a pig and spray painted it light pink, named it Mabel and now its the door stop in my girls bathroom 🙂

8. August 23, 2011 / 1:04 AM

9. August 23, 2011 / 1:04 AM

10. August 23, 2011 / 4:40 PM

My almost 3 year old said those owls are for his birthday!! Lol love the Room!!

11. August 24, 2011 / 1:41 AM

I like this room so much! Am I missing the link to Brooke’s site? Does Brooke have a place where she’s detailed stuff so I can go and see more and copy and rss and read when updated and– And. Always an and. I think I get more things to put in my Reader from this site than any other.

12. August 24, 2011 / 3:14 AM

The owls are so great!! I wish I was better at seeing the potential in finds like those! I’ve seen similar at West Elm, but these are unique, and for a significant savings!

13. August 29, 2011 / 1:45 AM

I love the owls, but most of all I love that she kept the hardware on the dresser. I adore those 1950’s clean lines. Gorgeous.

14. December 9, 2011 / 2:04 PM

Oh wow! SO so nice. Love the colors in that room. Adorable owls *sigh*.