Tock To Me

Tock To Me

A friend recently scoffed at me when she saw that I wore a watch. She told me she doesn’t wear watches anymore because they make her seem ‘old.’  “All the young kids use their phones these days, nobody wears a watch!” (said as though I was dragging around a sun-dial).  Well, that may be, but nothing replaces the ease and elegance of a great watch, am I right?  Anyone? Anyone?  Am I the only watch-wearer out there?

If so, that’s ok, because then you won’t be familiar with antique time-tellin’ machines, and thus be horrified by these grandfather clock makeovers.  (But you really shouldn’t be horrified anyway, they are not priceless heirlooms.  The first one was a $40 craigslist find, the second one came from Wal-Mart!)

First one from Heather at My Many Moments

And its Wal-Mart twin-brother, from Lesley at Saving Grace Creations.

This post sponsored by Krrb.com

Krrb.com connects neighbors to buy, sell, trade and give secondhand and handmade.

1. August 16, 2011 / 2:03 AM

Both clocks are gorgeous!

2. August 16, 2011 / 2:09 AM

I wear a watch. Oops; just realized I AM old. 🙂

Love these clocks!

3. August 16, 2011 / 2:11 AM

Gorgeous! Love them both! I haven’t heard that about watched/phones before. Much ‘handier’ having it on your wrist than having to pull it out of your pocket/purse/billfold every time you want to know what time it is. Plus watches can be crazy stylish beautiful! Mine isn’t…it’s functional for nursing school, but still!

4. August 16, 2011 / 2:23 AM

I totally wear a watch! My phone/iPod/electronic devices are usually in the bottom of my deep dark purse with completely dead batteries, or sitting on my kitchen counter while I’m running errands. Lot of good they do me! Watches are much better!

5. August 16, 2011 / 2:23 AM

I love the makeovers! Wish I were that talented and had the energy. I am praying my stamina picks back up.
    I do know many young teens who cannot tell time on an analog clock. That is not acceptable. What happens when the cell phone dies?
    I do love a good watch, but I am so rough on jewelry. I need something Army tough.

6. August 16, 2011 / 2:30 AM

I totally wear a watch every day. I feel naked without it.

I love both of these clOcks. It makes me want to go search craigslist, like I don’t do that enough already.

7. August 16, 2011 / 2:52 AM

Love them!!

8. August 16, 2011 / 3:22 AM

I wear a watch because I always misplace my phone. It’s hard to lose yer wrist.

9. August 16, 2011 / 4:18 AM

I had to give up my typewriter, I had to give up my adding machine, I had to give up Dictaphones, tape recorders, stereos/phonograph, and records! I even finally had to give up my trusty 13 year old cell phone (that didn’t do anything except take and send telphone signals)! I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY WATCH! NEVER! NEVER!! NEVER!!

Besides, what the heck, I AM old. It doesn’t take wearing a wrist watch to see that….all it takes is a look at my grey hair!

🙂

10. August 16, 2011 / 4:44 AM

I collect watches. What does that make me??

Love the makeovers! So much Better After.
    And I’m headed to Kijiji next.

11. August 16, 2011 / 10:26 AM

The clock makeovers are both amazing! (Walmart??? Really????)
    Another watch wearer here! The kids all keep their phones glued to their sweaty little palms so no they can’t turn them over to look at a watch let alone get one over their phone! 😀

Thanks for sharing these great makeovers! 🙂

12. August 16, 2011 / 11:08 AM

Love the clocks! And I love watches. They are almost more of a fashion accessory than a needed time piece and I have many of them. And that does not make me old !

13. August 16, 2011 / 1:20 PM

I know a great place where you can get a very accurate sun dial to carry around. ;o) I don’t know that I could wear a watch anymore. But I agree with the elegance of one. Yes, we all use phones, but mine is always buried in my wristlet or handbag. You’re on your game with having a watch at your side!!! Smart girl.

14. August 16, 2011 / 4:58 PM

Ummmm, I would DIE without a watch. Your friend is wrong. Just sayin.

I’m so in love with that first clock. It’s absolutely amazing and beautiful and fabulous in every way. I like the 2nd one, just not as much. Plus, I’ve never seen anything like a grandfather clock at Wal Mart. Strange.

15. August 16, 2011 / 4:58 PM

Ummmm, I would DIE without a watch. Your friend is wrong. Just sayin.

16. August 16, 2011 / 4:58 PM

Ummmm, I would DIE without a watch. Your friend is wrong. Just sayin.

17. August 16, 2011 / 11:09 PM

I stopped wearing a watch a few years ago for no particular reason. But i do think they look cute if you get the right kind!

The clocks….fantastic! Love them both!

18. August 17, 2011 / 3:08 AM

gorgeous!

19. August 17, 2011 / 4:07 AM

i had a watch, but i lost it. because i’m so old, i put things down somewhere and forget. :/

both clocks look great, but the first one? i think i’m in love.

20. August 17, 2011 / 7:39 AM

What a beautiful difference it makes when you can see the details! The darkness of the wood muted everything and made it hard to see. The lighter colors really showcase the beautiful elements!

Laurel

21. August 21, 2011 / 7:13 PM

It’s a bit tough to be functional in this society without a watch. Kids may not need one but adults surely do. Beautiful makeovers too.

22. August 29, 2011 / 11:14 PM

We gave watches to our 3 teenagers but they never wear them. I feel lost without my watch when I’m out. I mean, who wants to spend all that time digging the phone out of the purse? Not I! These clocks are super. 🙂

23. January 19, 2012 / 7:33 PM

So glad to see beautiful transformations that takes disregarded items to a showpieces that can be appreciated in any home. Good work.

P.S. I wear a watch and wouldn’t have it any other way.