Three cheers for two chairs!

Three cheers for two chairs!

Nothing about either of these two before chairs would make me sit on or even near them, let alone put them in my house. Tasha’s $15 chair was sporting a sad floral fabric and selection of mystery stains, and Sonja’s crusty velvet chair looked to be nearing its disintegration point.

But, of course, the afters are simply lovely.  I love how Tasha kept the natural wood and just stained it deep and dark.  And I love Sonja’s because the fabric is fab, even though her husband thinks it looks like a muu-muu!  Which just makes it all the more awesome to me.  See Sonja’s HERE.  Thanks ladies!

This post sponsored by Krrb.com

Krrb.com connects neighbors to buy, sell, trade and give secondhand and handmade.

1. August 11, 2011 / 1:39 AM

I LOVE the transformation of the first chair – – – that dark stain and gorgeous fabric! What a great make-over.

2. August 11, 2011 / 1:56 AM

The words “crusty velvet” are going to keep me awake tonight.

3. August 11, 2011 / 5:47 AM

First chair, absolutely STUNNING and fabulous in every way. Not loving that second chairs fabric, it scares me a bit.

4. August 11, 2011 / 5:47 AM

5. August 11, 2011 / 5:47 AM

6. August 11, 2011 / 6:50 AM

Umm, that black and white chair needs to come home with ME. I used the same fabric for curtains in my kitchen and dining room!

7. August 11, 2011 / 3:13 PM

I guess my hubby isn’t the only one who doesn’t care for the fabric…lol.

I’ll live.

And on the other hand, I’ve had three emails asking where I purchased it!

Thanks for the ‘feature’!

LOVE looking every day for inspiration and a smile.

8. August 11, 2011 / 9:48 PM

Is it sad that I squealed, bounced on my chair, AND clapped when I saw you posted my chair re-do?
    Thank you for the post, and thank you all for the kind comments 😀 I actually have pics of the entire process, so I may just have to post them somewhere and link back.

9. August 13, 2011 / 7:35 PM

I have that exact chair (the second one) only mine is a gold velour and I have been wondering what to do it in and this has givin me a great example!

10. August 15, 2011 / 6:17 PM

I love these!! I wish I was brave enough to attempt reupholstering!! They look so good!!