Rock-a-bye-bye

Rock-a-bye-bye

There is a painful transition in parenthood, the point when the last of your widdle babies has finally outgrown the crib.  In anguish you cry, “Where does the time go?!”  “He’s all grown up, he doesn’t even need me anymore!”  “It seems like only yesterday that he was born!” Also,  “I paid 300 bucks for that crib!”

In this case, the not-so-anguished parents tossed it to the curb.  Beckie from Infarrantly Creative came along and scooped it right off the sidewalk and made it into a bright scripture plaque to hang in her home.

And rejoiceth in this while you’re at it:

Oh yeah, stealth jewelry storage! Awesome. Step by step tutorial on her blog HERE.

Courtney also found herself with an old crib on her hands, and she knew exactly what to do with it.  Remove all but one of the sides to make a trainer-crib, to discourage her children from rolling in their sleep!  Oh, no, my mistake, actually this is a bench!  Much better idea. See it on her blog A Diamond in the Stuff.

1. August 25, 2011 / 10:50 PM

Oh wow, love the crib idea. I even have one of those laying around….

2. August 25, 2011 / 10:59 PM

Great ideas. I was less creative; I still have my kids’ crib set up. Numerous nieces, nephews, and friends have used it and now it’s my granddaughter’s turn! (http://ewbpcb.blogspot.com/2010/09/dorm.html)

3. August 26, 2011 / 1:17 AM

I love the bench! I want one! 🙂

4. August 26, 2011 / 5:00 AM

Now THAT is clever business. Seriously….a jewelry holder disguised by scripture. GENIUS!!

5. August 26, 2011 / 5:00 AM

6. August 26, 2011 / 5:00 AM

7. August 26, 2011 / 11:33 AM

Wow how creative the jewelry organizer is just awesome and the bench well I wold love to have one just like that the saying is beautifully done and would look beautiful sitting in my flower bed!!! Thank you for the inspiration I am going to find me a crib now!!!