Here Kitty, Kitty

Here Kitty, Kitty

Last week I got a huffy comment from someone all upset that I dared to mock a twee little set of teddy bear canisters.  So let me preface today’s post by apologizing to the very, very small percentage of you who might happen to adore horrendously depressing paintings of inbred cats attempting suicide, or whatever this thing is supposed to be.  Just look away now, because lil’ Slumpy is about to become a message board.

I don’t know about you, but I’d call that a better after.  From Melinda at Before to After and Everything in Between.

And here’s another frame redo, from  Philippa at Philly Bee.  She used her old frame as a message board as well; I love how the burlap looks against the bright colors. And how it was blessedly empty of any desolate pet paintings to begin with.

Thanks ladies!

1. July 13, 2011 / 5:19 PM

It is sad that you have such an aversion to suicidal cats.

2. July 13, 2011 / 5:44 PM

What the freak?!

3. July 13, 2011 / 6:36 PM

This kitty isn’t suicidal! Just sad for getting a 5.2 on her Olympic gymnastics ribbon routine.

4. July 13, 2011 / 6:42 PM

I only wish they’d used some of that white fake fur- that would’ve really taken the cake! lol (#notacatfan)

5. July 13, 2011 / 6:52 PM

What is with folks lately? Mrs. Limestone had a snippy comment on her post the other day too. Maybe the same person is going from blog to blog taking offense at everyone 😉 Is the summer sun just making people tired and testy?

Anywho, love that burlap message board redo. Super cute, and I love the color combos!

6. July 13, 2011 / 7:04 PM

how dare you mock suicidal cats? it’s an epidemic, and surely not something to be laughed at. shame, shame, shame.

7. July 13, 2011 / 7:17 PM

Just went back to see the comment. HahahahA! That’s all I got for that.

I am all for painting over and covering up bears touching themselves and suicidal cats.

Great afters!

8. July 13, 2011 / 7:32 PM

That is one creepy-looking cat! Shuddering here….cover it up quick! Oh good, they did! Whew!

9. July 13, 2011 / 7:56 PM

Just still chuckling about the Teddy Bear canisters… : )
    And that really is a sad cat….
    As always….. Much Better!!!

10. July 13, 2011 / 8:07 PM

Now THAT was funny! Your comments, AND the most hideously awful picture of a cat there ever was. I was actually laughing out loud, chortling if you will, for longer than a nano second. I’m utterly bemused that something like that was ever made, and that is was in anyones posession. Anywho….Absolutely LOVE the 2nd redo, that oval fram was faboo. I want an oval fram, why can’t I ever find an oval frame? Hmmm

11. July 13, 2011 / 8:07 PM

12. July 13, 2011 / 8:07 PM

13. July 13, 2011 / 9:13 PM

lol must be the heat omg just get over it already ;). the after was sooooooo much better

14. July 13, 2011 / 9:15 PM

This cat is so depressed, she can’t even manage to hang herself properly with that red yarn! Much better after!

15. July 13, 2011 / 9:29 PM

good grief- do people have no sense of humor at all? I enjoy your comments about the ugly “befores” and beautiful “afters”. Keep up the great work!

16. July 13, 2011 / 9:41 PM

Of course I had to go read snippy comment… Seriously? Really? Some people like puke green shag carpet too but you can bet I’m going to make fun of it to their faces. Lindsay… THANK YOU for your sarcastic sense of humor because I totally get it. And Mrs. groovy? Your local Pottery Barn has free decorating classes… Maybe you should attend one or two dozen. Just sayin’.

17. July 13, 2011 / 10:10 PM

woh, that’s one spectacularly depressing and anatomically incorrect cat. It’s so sad it makes me sad. agh…. (and mildly creep-ed out)

18. July 13, 2011 / 11:02 PM

You made me laugh out loud!! that was one creepy cat….We did a lot of drugs in the 70’s LOL

Carol

19. July 13, 2011 / 11:52 PM

For all the GOOD Grief!! You are one of the blogs that makes me LOL! Even if you didn’t show before and after’s i’d read for the funnies.

Maybe *someone* forgets that this is your blog and you can joke about teddy bear canisters, suicidal cats and reminding people how much money it cost to adopt/raise children to your hearts content.

Keep doing what you are doing and let the nay-sayers go some place else.

Jake’s a Girl 🙂

20. July 14, 2011 / 1:49 AM

I’ve been reading your blog forever, but I’ve never commented before. This post, however, was so funny I spit soup all over my keyboard!

Keep up the great work with the awesome project pics and your entertaining commentary!

21. July 14, 2011 / 2:04 AM

Ok seriously. I agree with Jake. It’s your blog! And I think you’re freakin hilarious! And those bears, yeah they were creepy, and the cat, well I’m pretty sure it’s actually on drugs of some sort, looks high as a kite! Glad someone covered it up!

22. July 14, 2011 / 2:51 AM

Oh, giggling out loud here!! You are so hilarious! That looks like something from the 60’s that the artist drew of her cat while looking in the mirror!!!

23. July 14, 2011 / 3:35 AM

Awesome “afters”! I think this post made me “snort” as much as I am embarrassed to admit it. HILARIOUS!

24. July 14, 2011 / 6:06 AM

Lmao. Had no choice but to laugh at the call out. Bravo

25. July 14, 2011 / 2:12 PM

Oh good grief! Don’t people know with the time they waste posting snippy comments, they could be crafting? What a waste!
    Keep doing what you’re doing – I love your blog!!