Grannie’s Girl

Grannie’s Girl

Say you have some sort of family item that has been handed down generation, to generation, to you.  What would Gram-Gram prefer?  That you freshen up her old chair in a way that delights you so much that you catch yourself gazing at it in happiness at least once a day? Or letting it collect dust in a corner of the attic that might as well be labeled “Stuff I Feel Like I Have to Keep.”

No brainer!  Check out more from Ashley and her Great Grannie’s chair on her blog Ashlilium.

1. July 28, 2011 / 1:44 AM

Looks great! Bravo to Ashley for being featured!

2. July 28, 2011 / 2:13 AM

Hi Lindsey! Oh, this looks wonderful! I love that fabric she chose and painting it white is so pretty. I have a chair like this and recovered it in a bright lime green fabric. They don’t look very comfortable but these little rockers really are!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

3. July 28, 2011 / 3:50 AM

I’m lovin’ it sick! Gorgeous fabric 🙂

4. July 28, 2011 / 5:00 AM

This is a really awesome redo! I had pretty much given up on a similar chair that my mother has but now I’m reconsidering!!!
    ~JC

5. July 28, 2011 / 5:10 AM

My jaw actually dropped. Way to go girl!

6. July 28, 2011 / 8:49 AM

great make over… I think that granny chair always wanted to look like, that she just didn’t know she could!

7. July 28, 2011 / 2:40 PM

I have this EXACT same chair! It’s been sitting around waiting to be refinished. Maybe I’ll submit mine when it’s done. Great motivation!

8. July 28, 2011 / 5:59 PM

What a great makeover! I’d even want this chair in my apartment!

L

9. July 31, 2011 / 10:44 AM

I have this same exact chair…except mine is needle point cover. I love the new look! Hmm…wish mine was worn so I woun’t feel quilty recovering it. Love what you did with yours!

10. July 31, 2011 / 12:38 PM

It took me forever to paint the dark hutch that was left to my from my Grandma. One day I decided she was always changing things up in her house and would probably be mad at me for “keeping it real” and went for it. I think we’re both happier.

11. August 21, 2011 / 1:29 PM

Thank-you, thank you for this post and your encouragement!!! I redid my rocker last night and it came out great! It was very easy so much easier than I thought it would be. I would have never attempted it if I had not seen yours. Thanks agian…you can view mine redo here. http://www.thriftyideastoday.com/2011/08/before-and-after.html