Can I get a what what?

Can I get a what what?

This chair submission arrived in my inbox with nary an explanation.  There was simply a before and an after, signed by “J.”  Mysterious!  I’m not sure but I’m pretty sure that “J” is probably a very well-known celebrity.  I bet J wants to keep his or her thrift-loving identity secret, so the whole world doesn’t find out that they secretly would rather recover a moldy old chair than buy a new one for half a million dollars at Barney’s, or wherever ridiculously rich people buy furniture.  I wouldn’t know.

Possible possibilities:  Jack Johnson, James Franco, Janet Reno, Jay-Z, Jerry Seinfeld, Joey Lawrence or Joan Cusack.  Hmmmm.

Oh, I’m on to you Jay-Z.

1. July 5, 2011 / 9:45 PM

I’d use my detective skill and say this was done in a fabric shop, or an upholstery shop… see all the the fabric swatches in the back? … That or someone took their fabric selection VERY seriously….. hmm

Beautiful job.

2. July 5, 2011 / 11:34 PM

Gack. Sometimes I think it’s good we don’t know what the inside of furniture looks like. What is that horse hair? Mouse fur? Details J!

3. July 6, 2011 / 2:50 AM

Oh this chair is so beautiful. I would love to have it in my home.

4. July 6, 2011 / 4:38 PM

I’m going to say could also be JLo… or maybe Jewel? I dunno. But I like, even if it was from John Duggar from 19 and counting… lol

5. July 8, 2011 / 1:49 AM

Ahhhhhh! I love old chairs, it’s wonderful to see someone take one and do this…

Cindy

6. August 30, 2011 / 6:24 PM

Did you know that Jack White (of the White Stripes) had an upholstery business? True story (heard about it on NPR: http://goo.gl/fchYn)! If this is from him, there’s a chance that he stowed a record in the cushioning somewhere.

Don’t mind me, I’m just lurking in the archives.

7. August 30, 2011 / 6:26 PM

Did you know that Jack White (of the White Stripes) used to have an upholstery business? True story (I read about it here on NPR: http://goo.gl/fchYn)! If this is his chair, there might be a record stowed somewhere in the cushions.

Don’t mind me, I’m just lurking in the archives. *lurk lurk lurk*