0 for Operator

0 for Operator

Hey, remember the good old days? Back when the whole house only had one phone and it stayed attached to the wall?  And when people used the phone they sat on these quaint little telephone chairs, as a handy place to chat and store their phone books?  I don’t.

But I DO remember having one phone in the house when I was a kid, and it had a really loooong cord. And one day I didn’t see it stretched across the kitchen, and I went running through the room and totally clotheslined myself and fell down and got a scar on my chin.  That would have never happened had we had a telephone chair.  Or a cordless phone. But a telephone chair is way cuter.  Because do you remember what cordless phones looked like in the good old days?

So check these telephone chairs out: first from Sherylee at Cherry in the City.

And from Meg at Meg and Mum’s.  Beautiful work ladies!

1. July 12, 2011 / 4:00 PM

Very cute! I’d forgot about these things. This would be nice to put in the entry or a small guest room if you don’t have room for a full sized chair.
    We had a phone cord long enough to reach out into the back yard! The original cordless wouldn’t work in our house, HA!

2. July 12, 2011 / 4:01 PM

Hi Lindsey! OH, these are cute! I’m old, so I do remember these little phones tables!!
    Hope you’re doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

3. July 12, 2011 / 4:31 PM

Accch, Love them! I am always on the lookout for a telephone chair to fix up. They are absolutely adorable!!

4. July 12, 2011 / 6:00 PM

What do you mean the “old days”? My parents-in-law (best in the world btw, just saying) still have just one phone that is STILL attached to the wall.

I <3 #2

5. July 12, 2011 / 6:37 PM

Hi again!

Both are beautiful. I absolutely love the black one! Gorgeous!

6. July 12, 2011 / 8:07 PM

Makes me want to get a telephone table!

7. July 12, 2011 / 8:35 PM

I had that phone growing up! That took me way back!

8. July 12, 2011 / 9:17 PM

SUPER Love that 2nd one, in black. Looks gorgeous. Totes remember the one phone, attached to the wall, and even rotary dial, thank you very much. And finally, did someone really just say to you, in comments “be a sweetie.” THAT’S funny!

9. July 12, 2011 / 9:17 PM

10. July 12, 2011 / 9:17 PM

11. July 12, 2011 / 10:45 PM

Very cute. I miss having a place to redo furniture finds.

12. July 12, 2011 / 11:08 PM

I love that Harrod’s print fabric; seems so appropriate! And that birdcage pillow– brilliant! That’s part of a new IKEA fabric, right? Very cool!

13. July 13, 2011 / 9:22 AM

I love the white and yellow – so bright and fresh and happy! Oh and the view in the first photo is pretty spectacular 🙂
    Thanks for featuring my black telephone table too Lindsey. Megs 🙂

14. July 24, 2011 / 4:59 AM

Love the black on that piece now!

debra