Busy Beth

Busy Beth

Beth of Sawdust and Embryos recently shared some of her redos with me, and man, that gal has been a busy bee!  If I churned out even one of these projects, I’d congratulate myself and take a couple of years off.  No, really, I wish I could produce makeovers left and right, but I can’t seem to make it happen at this season of life. I don’t know how people like Miss Mustard Seed and Brooke at All Things Thrifty do it, but I’m suspecting there’s some kind of deal with the devil involved.  (ha!  I kid!)

Anyway, let’s get to Beth’s fantasticness.  First up, this horrid, HORRID buffet thing somehow turns into a respectable, nay, resplendent changing table!  See more HERE.

Second, this chunky dresser got the VIP treatment, which is of course, being doused in gold.  That’s what I imagine happens inside the VIP rooms, right?  Servants smother you with liquid gold and money falls from the ceiling?  Don’t ruin my dreams.

Anyway, doesn’t it look like a Mayan treasure chest or what?  See more HERE.

And lastly this yellow hutch looked more like it had a place in the “tales as old as time” rather than the current times, so Beth transformed it from a singing cartoon armoire look-a-like to a bright and funky showstopper.  Notice the swirls on the back?  Whimsical!  See it HERE.  Amazing work, Beth!

1. June 10, 2011 / 7:08 PM

Wow!!! Those are amazaing!!!

2. June 10, 2011 / 7:08 PM

Wow!!! Those are amazaing!!!

3. June 10, 2011 / 7:46 PM

going to her blog now…..to propose marriage 😉

4. June 10, 2011 / 8:44 PM

That first changing table transformation is INCREDIBLE! Seriously doesn’t even look like the same piece! I’m impressed!

5. June 10, 2011 / 8:53 PM

Oh my goodness, that diaper changing dresser is AMAZING! I am so inspired…I am not sure I could do anything that beautiful, but I have hopes:)

Beth

6. June 10, 2011 / 9:14 PM

Absolutely Stunning pieces! WOW!
    Just gorgeous. I so love the ‘curves’ in the hutch!

7. June 10, 2011 / 10:20 PM

This proves again the motto: “Just cuz it’s wood, doesn’t mean it’s good!” Paint is an amazing transformer! Love these re-dos!

8. June 11, 2011 / 2:38 PM

Love your blog and of the cool inspiration it provides! Just wanted to let you know that I mentioned you for the Versatile Blogger Award over at my blog!

9. June 14, 2011 / 5:05 AM

Lets just get one thing out there….please never leave on vacay again. I missed you. Even if you did leave us some tid bits to hang on to. So glad you and your hilarity are back.

That said….I’m head over heels for the changing table. THAT is just retarded beautiful and amazing she could see past the horrific that it was. Also, love the hutch. That middle “mayan” thing….not so much. But, that could just be me.

I have some things to send your way, if I can just pull my head out long enough to do it!

10. June 14, 2011 / 5:05 AM