Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

As bad as Kathryn’s kitchen was before is how good the after is now. That made more sense in my head. Anyway, as you scroll down and take in the after, you will note the new cabinets, new lighting, shiny new subway tile and new countertops, but I think you will be in for a scroll-down surprise when you see the floor!

Well, it won’t be such a big surprise now, will it? But it’s my favorite part of the room! Take the grand tour on her blog Living, Learning, Loving. Great job Kathryn!

1. May 6, 2011 / 4:21 PM

My first thought was also WOW! I am sooooo glad someone blogged about your blog because I LOVE it!

2. May 6, 2011 / 6:49 PM

loooooove that kitchen!

3. May 6, 2011 / 7:23 PM

amazing here I thought I was doing a massive redo in my kitchen but nope I am not painting the ceiling or tearing out walls! Wow! What amazes me most is that they saw its full potential!

4. May 6, 2011 / 10:27 PM

Very cool! I love the chalkboard painted door!

5. May 8, 2011 / 2:42 AM

What a fun floor! The whole project turned out terrific!

6. May 8, 2011 / 11:58 AM

Love it. I wouldn’t have thought to use color on a floor, but the yellow looks really fresh.

7. Anonymous
    July 23, 2012 / 7:22 PM

Hi, What colors did you use? I think I see Barbados and Natural Corn, is that right? I might just have to copy this for my laundry room!

8. November 21, 2012 / 8:04 AM

This is such a great transformation. Everything just seems to be in the perfect place. The floor is the total eye catcher. Not everyone can perfectly pull off a yellow chequered floor! Several readers will certainly be inspired by this post. Thank you for sharing.

9. February 19, 2013 / 7:25 AM

The change that happened to this kitchen is in one word Beautiful. It is simple yes, but it is not sloppy. The design of the floor matches so well with the other parts of the kitchen. The floor is definitely the star of the show in this kitchen. It is very well done and might inspire a few of us to do the same. Amazing work!