Get Some Sun

Get Some Sun

Abby and her husbandfrom Crafting Up With the Jonses are in the process of remodeling their 100 year old home, and kindly shared their progress in the sun room.  Lovely!

This is another example of how adding cabinetry or built-ins can actually make a small room feel bigger. How it works, I don’t know. It is one of the mysteries of the universe that can’t be explained, like turkey bacon or Lady Gaga. I bet Lady Gaga is wearing a turban made out of turkey bacon right now. Which could mean the universe is about to collapse in on itself.  So … consider yourself warned.

This post has been brought to you by

PhotoJewelryMaking.com!

1. May 31, 2011 / 8:34 PM

That’s pretty stinkin’ cute!

2. May 31, 2011 / 8:41 PM

Okay. I was just stopping by from Little House on the Corner? And OMG you are funny. YOU, my dear, are blog roll worthy funny.

I wonder if the banquets will provide seating for a future table? Otherwise, the space doesn’t seem very usable.

3. May 31, 2011 / 8:58 PM

Seriously how do you live with yourself?! I mean that in a good way. Like you must just randomly burst out into laughter with the thoughts that go on in your head. Then you get those awkward stares from people like you’re some kind of crazy person. Uhm…not that I would know…from like experience or anything 😉

LOVE this redo! Those built ins are amazing. I can totally see myself enjoying some sun from the windows and reading a book there.

4. May 31, 2011 / 9:14 PM

This is a maze zing… I realize that doesn’t actually spell amazing but that’s how amazing it is. I love it. Curious were these built ins homemade or contracted?

5. May 31, 2011 / 9:34 PM

You always crack me up. It’s one of the reasons I love reading your blog (besides all the great before and afters, of course)! Lady Gaga in a turkey bacon turban. HA!

6. May 31, 2011 / 9:38 PM

such a pretty sunroom!!

7. May 31, 2011 / 10:25 PM

I am in so much love. Beautiful relaxation/READING room to the poster that thought this space would be unusable. Totally gorgeous. I agree that Lady Gaga and Turkey Bacon are unexplainable. Did you see she ate David Letterman’s script the other day? Wow.

8. June 1, 2011 / 1:25 AM

*sigh…*
    add this to my want list. I could imagine curling up with a book for hours in one of those seats!

9. June 25, 2012 / 4:34 PM

I too ponder the magic of built-ins! I’ve come to the conclusion that if it blends seamlessly with the wall, your eyes think it IS wall, somehow. But yet, it may provide storage or seating and therefore cut down on the loose furniture in the room, which always makes a room larger.
    So there you have it.