Banquette Vignette

Banquette Vignette

I knew a big group of guys in college who all shared a tiny little house. As you can imagine, cute decor was not a priority. All I can remember is a TV, couch and a pool table. And the most atrocious toilet you’ve ever seen.

However, one guy did have the couch professionally reupholstered, but only because that’s where he crashed most nights. Even then, he didn’t bother to redo the entire couch, just his favorite two cushions, no joke.

Obviously Rachel’s husband’s bachelor pad was in far better condition, seeing how she moved into it when they got married and all. But it still needed a woman’s touch. There are some things that just won’t ever cross a guy’s mind. Like cafe curtains with coordinating throw pillows. Or centerpieces with fresh flowers. Or fluffing up that wimpy little banquette cushion … unless that’s where they like to sleep, of course. See it on her blog New at the Newmans. Thanks Rachel!

1. May 11, 2011 / 9:46 PM

The material on those curtains looks like one I’ve been trying to hunt down.. similar to something Sarah Richardson used on a room makeover…. must. source. that. fabric!

2. May 11, 2011 / 11:30 PM

Love the colorful piping on the black cushion.

3. May 12, 2011 / 7:25 PM

This doesn’t even look like the same space! Awesome!

4. May 13, 2011 / 9:00 PM

I love it….we have an area in my eat in kitchen that I would love to have this is!!!!!! Maybe that is a good summer project for the hubby!!!!

5. May 14, 2011 / 1:55 AM

I can’t find their blog, New at the Newmans. Do you happen to know if it s blogspot, wordpress, or what?

6. May 14, 2011 / 3:26 AM

Hi…it’s me. Here I am. 🙂

Also, to the nice person who liked the fabric in the orinial post it’s Wilmington II Multi. I purchased it at RichTex in Daphne, Alamaba. Their website is buyfabrics.com