Loving your Laundry

Loving your Laundry

Let’s take a little tour of Elyse’s laundry room. But don’t get all carried away, we’re going to take it slow! Take time to admire the details, such as this boring cabinet and plain wire shelf. Yawn alert. Ok, now scrolly scroll down to the after, and look! That is the same exact cabinet and shelf, I kid you not! She just trimmed them out and added a lil’ beadboard! Isn’t that amazing?

Ok, now you can continue onward and view this entire laundry room in it’s magnificent glory. But first, another before:

Pretty great, huh? I love it all. I tried labeling my laundry baskets once, but then I looked a the signs I printed out that said “colored” and “whites,” and then I felt like a big racist. So I threw them away! I’m weird, I know this. See more from Elyse on her blog Loving Your Space.

1. April 15, 2011 / 3:33 PM

How come I didn’t think of trim for my ugly wire shelves?! Looks great.

2. April 15, 2011 / 3:42 PM

You crack me up – Now there’s a laundry room!

3. April 15, 2011 / 3:46 PM

Your labeling mishap is hilarious. And this laundry room is nicer than most rooms in my house.

4. April 15, 2011 / 3:50 PM

HILARIOUS commentary, Lindsey!
    LOVE this laundry room 🙂 MAYBE that’s what I need to get excited about laundry 😉

5. April 15, 2011 / 3:50 PM

HILARIOUS commentary, Lindsey!

6. April 15, 2011 / 4:43 PM

Wow! It is beautiful & I actually wouldn’t mind spending some time there if it were mine 😉

7. April 15, 2011 / 5:49 PM

Coloreds and whites! LOL GIGGLE SNORT!

8. April 15, 2011 / 11:48 PM

Oh, I am so happy to see such an amazing laundry before/after in such a small space! Because that’s what I have! A small space! And no amount of DIY-ing is going to turn it into one of those ballroom-size laundry rooms, complete with chandelier. But this I could actually do. I am inspired!

9. April 16, 2011 / 2:01 AM

I just might have to ‘borrow’ that shelf trim idea. What a huge difference it makes. I love the low floor sink with drain underneath the appliances. That is brilliant.

10. April 16, 2011 / 12:28 PM

Your sign faux pas is uncomfortably hilarious-and that’s why I make your blog a daily guilty, giggly, pleasure. (Oh, that didn’t sound right, did it?)

The laundry room is so nice-transport it to my place, please.

11. April 16, 2011 / 4:56 PM

oooo I am spiffing up my laundry right now to add a little crafting space. I do label my baskets, but because I am lazy and clichish I label them shirts, bottoms, towels and whites. That way when I go to put them away I only have one load of the dreaded hanging clothes.

12. April 17, 2011 / 1:26 AM

Colored and whites had me laughing out loud! This room makes you want to do laundry, or at least stand in there and take in the beautiful room and pretend to do laundry 🙂

13. April 19, 2011 / 4:50 AM

even if i didn’t love all the before and after pictures, i think i would come over here just for the commentary. colored and whites? oh. my. goodness. (totally something i would do.)

HAHA.

14. April 20, 2011 / 1:23 AM

Funniest comment ever made on your blog! Never thought of it like that, but I don’t think I will ever sort my laundry again without giggling.

15. January 6, 2012 / 5:56 PM

Your laundry labeling fobia even made my husband chuckle. You crack me up!