Love Bug

Love Bug
I’m trying to go with a “Spring” theme today, so without further ado, here is a little ladybug redo! Better After reader Becky found this faded old Cozy Coupe on Craigslist for $10. Faded and old just wasn’t going to cut it for her cutie, so she got creative with the paint and turned it into a bug-mobile!

So many possibilities with this … Batmobile, Herbie, The Partridge Family Bus, General Lee, obviously I watched too much TV as a child, Kitt, Ecto-1, SpeedRacer … I could go on if you want, but I think I’ve derailed the “Spring” theme so I’ll just stop there. Anyhoo, thanks Becky!

This post has been brought to you by Krrb.com!

1. March 21, 2011 / 10:44 PM

I rarely say/write this, but it is the only appropriate response:

Squeeee!

2. March 21, 2011 / 11:42 PM

One of my deepest childhood tragedies is that I never had a kiddie car of any form. It has left a deep wound.

3. March 21, 2011 / 11:44 PM

So cute! I should totally do something like this to ours!

Kristen
    followourlittlefootprints.blogspot.com

4. March 22, 2011 / 12:10 PM

Love love love! I’ve always wanted to paint that ugly red and yellow car!

5. March 22, 2011 / 3:24 PM

That is awesome…I have one just like it…unfortunately she has grown out of it…but what a great idea! LOVE!

6. March 22, 2011 / 10:10 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I’ve been thinking on what to d to our daughter’s since it is faded(got it at a garage sale)!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

7. March 23, 2011 / 7:38 AM

Thanks soo much, everyone! It is honestly one of my most favorite projects ever…and you wouldnt believe how quickly! All finished during nap time! I used Krylon plastic paint in red and black..sprayed the whole car red first, let it dry (heat of the summer it was less than 15 minutes) and then used painters tape to cover what I wanted left red and sprayed the rest with black! The dots on the roof are made with a black permanent marker. I traced a circle cut from card stock and filled them in! The marker survived the summer and fall without much fading also…
    45 minutes and $20 bucks and I had my Carley Bug her very own “Love Bug”! 🙂 thanks again!

8. March 24, 2011 / 1:35 AM