Benchyhana

Benchyhana
“Minimalist gynecology bed from the future” is not the first thing you want people to think when they see your furniture. At least, that’s what I thought. So Liz livened up her plain little stool with some happy fabric and now everyone can relax! She even shows how she made a super easy pillow cover with the leftover fabric on her blog Just About Home.

And here is another bench gone from plain to hot dang! Better After reader Tamara was tired of her slowly deteriorating piano bench and whipped it into shape by sanding off the old stain, applying two different shades of white in several layers, sanding off spots in between, and rubbing on a black glaze. Looks great!

And finally, this bench didn’t offer much to reupholster, so Stacy added a fluffy foam seat and upholstered that!
Fun story about the fabric in the background: When Jayna was featured on this blog (her kitchen of lust HERE), Stacy noticed this fabric and emailed her asking about it. Long story short, Jayna sent her the leftovers! Isn’t the blogworld great?
Check out Stacy’s blog Re*Think Re*Style Re*Vamp for more!

This post is sponsored by

1. February 18, 2011 / 1:35 AM

LOVE these..especially the first one…love the black frame with that fabric!

2. February 18, 2011 / 1:52 AM

Cute ALL! And score for the girl who got free material scraps.

I so heart people who can reupholster. I wish I could do that when I grow up. (oh don’t worry, I have no plans on ever growing up, which as you can see causes this conundrum).

3. February 18, 2011 / 1:52 AM

Cute ALL! And score for the girl who got free material scraps.

4. February 18, 2011 / 1:52 AM

Cute ALL! And score for the girl who got free material scraps.

5. February 18, 2011 / 2:48 AM

Thanks for posting about my bench! I love how two benches use the same fabric.
    -Liz

6. February 18, 2011 / 3:20 AM

I don’t even care what you post anymore. The commentary is too freakin’ hysterical.

But the projects rock too.

7. February 18, 2011 / 5:59 AM

Futuristic minimalist gynecological chair… You crack me up lady!

All of these are lovely, and have me thinking I may need to do something to my own piano bench…

8. February 18, 2011 / 1:03 PM

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
    Why American men should boycott American women

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

9. February 18, 2011 / 2:00 PM

I think “boycott man” must be wandering around lost in the blogosphere.

10. February 18, 2011 / 3:10 PM

Well that is the weirdest piece of spam ever. Boycott Man must have googled ‘gynecology from the future’ and landed here. Good luck on your quest for the perfect woman, Boycott Man, you sound like quite the catch.