Woodworkers

Woodworkers
Are you a wood purist? Probably not. I think I scared them off a long time ago.

But just because I post a plethora of painted pretties doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the simple beauty of the restrained and restained. Here are a couple of my recent favorites:

First one up from Lisa who finished this $40 Craiglist desk with Minwax Dark Walnut stain and new hardware for her son’s big-boy room. Such a classy, classic look!

And here is a table that Sarah scooped up when she saw it at a thriftstore for $6.50! She was afraid someone would snatch it up after she found it, so she took a random receipt out of her purse and wrote SOLD on the back and stuck it under the pricetag! Ha! I guess it’s every thifter for herself, but I’m going to do a double-take at anymore SOLD signs I see! (Or stock up on random receipts to keep in my purse). See it on her blog Sarah Elizabeth Design.

1. January 19, 2011 / 8:54 PM

Both of these projects are gorgeous! Beautiful, beautiful!

2. January 19, 2011 / 8:55 PM

My husband would love these. He is a purist, through and through. Me, I’m about 75-80% purist, so I appreciate these too!

3. January 19, 2011 / 9:33 PM

Hah! I love the “sold” tag idea. I’m totally going to use that.

I picked up a HUGE mirror for $7 recently at a thrift store, and had to lug it around with me so no one would grab it, since they didn’t have carts. Oy!

4. January 19, 2011 / 11:12 PM

Haha! 🙂 While you’ve made this wood purist cringe on multiple occasions, there have been a few painted pieces that I’ve actually enjoyed seeing. But I recognize not everyone has my tastes, and I absolutely LOVE the pieces you’ve showcased today!

5. January 20, 2011 / 3:32 AM

These are amazing! It takes so much more patience to refinish something than to just slap some paint on it. Kudos to these two ladies for all their hard work!

6. January 20, 2011 / 5:29 AM

Thank you for sharing these non-painted projects. It was a real breath of fresh air to see beautiful wood grain. Thank you!

7. January 20, 2011 / 5:38 PM

THANK YOU for showing a project that was stained wood! It takes a lot of patience to strip, repair and stain wood furniture. Paint is fun and sometimes it’s the only solution if the wood is in bad shape. But I think there is too much beautiful grain out there being covered up by mediocre paint.

8. January 24, 2011 / 4:28 AM

AWESOME afters!

9. Anonymous
    March 23, 2012 / 2:48 PM

Wow, she did a great job!!