Have a Little Faith

Have a Little Faith

Discouraged because you are sick and tired of your rundown, outdated table but just can’t swing a new one? Take faith, my friend. Literally, take Faith’s technique for updating her dreary, distressed-and-not-in-a-good-way dining room table.

A coat of “oops” paint on the chairs, a light weathered look on the legs and (if you or your significant other is handy with the power tools) a little narrowing and lengthening of the tabletop. Now the table can accommodate three chairs on each side, and gobbles up way less space in the room. Lovely! Check it out on her blog Faith of All Crafts.

1. January 11, 2011 / 3:32 PM

Beautiful transformation! I love the new finish on the table with the black chairs. Gorgeous!

2. January 11, 2011 / 4:05 PM

Looks like a totally different table set now. Love the stain color on the tabletop.

3. January 11, 2011 / 4:15 PM

Hi Lindsey! Oh, the table set looked old and dated and now it looks all contemporary and new! Love it.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

4. January 11, 2011 / 5:06 PM

Wow! I just said “niiiiiice” out loud, so I figured that warranted a comment – they did a great job!
    Headed over to leave Faith a comment now.
    🙂 Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

5. January 11, 2011 / 5:54 PM

Hey, I really love your blog, I’ve scrolled back in time and will absolutely come back! 😀

6. January 11, 2011 / 6:59 PM

OMGosh! I have that EXACT table!!! I’ve had it for almost 10 years now and it’s held up so well and is so sturdy I hate to get rid of it. I have been planning to paint the table and chairs and even put cushions on the seats. But I never thought if narrowing the table…so clever!

7. Anonymous
    February 21, 2012 / 9:13 PM

I have this exact table too. Mine was painted on the legs and the chairs blue when it was new from the factory 10 years ago. It’s fairly pricey table and chairs. Glad to see it is able to be recycled! I was going to paint mine black, but since I’m moving I’ll wait until I feel out the vibe of the new abode. It’s great to see some options!