Framed and Hung

Framed and Hung

Got a bunch of old frames or trays laying around? Well, lucky you! Because there are a bunch of uses for them! Here are a few ideas coming atcha:

Jamielyn from I Heart Naptimes wasn’t really feeling this tropical scene or the ornate silver frame that came with it, an odd pairing to be sure. So she got some fabric and batting and made a be-ribboned ribbon holder instead! C to the UTE.

Karla found a fun $3 tray with an removable insert! Oh, the possibilities. First things first, she removed that golf-themed needlepoint (yet another strange combo… I mean golf and needlepoint? Huh?) and swapped in some lovely fabric. Fabulous! See it on her blog Sugar Bear Designs.

And finally Jessica opted for a sweet and simple chalkboard for her formerly gold-framed still life. Let’s hope that wasn’t a priceless painting. Hmmm, I doubt it. See this plus her cute chevron tray makeover on her blog J+J.

(On a totally unrelated note, but  I just discovered as I tried unsuccessfully to type that + sign over and over, if you press Ctl and then press the + key, your screen will zoom in! Ok then! Carry on!)

1. January 12, 2011 / 1:52 AM

I LOVE the headband and flower hanger. I need one of those! So easy to see everything that way.

2. January 12, 2011 / 2:01 AM

Ooo! I have tons of fames! an’t resist them at the thriftstores…
    I have done the chalkboard, but want to trythe ribbon holder

3. January 12, 2011 / 2:24 AM

Your computer tip about zooming in almost ruined my life until I ate a tiny cake covered with white fondant, served to me by a rabbit in a waistcoat which allowed me to zoom back out again. You forgot to tell me that part.

4. January 12, 2011 / 3:01 AM

You seriously SLAY me! Your verbage is so fabulous, and rather reminds me of me. Perhaps that’s why i like you so much. Wait….
    That sounds narcissistic doesn’t it. Sorry. Moving on.

5. January 12, 2011 / 3:01 AM

That sounds narcissistic doesn’t it. Sorry. Moving on.

6. January 12, 2011 / 3:01 AM

That sounds narcissistic doesn’t it. Sorry. Moving on.

7. January 12, 2011 / 3:46 AM

thanks for the shout out! totally made my week 🙂

8. January 12, 2011 / 4:30 AM

I’m seriously crushin’ on Karla’s tray!

9. January 12, 2011 / 5:20 AM

I do have a surplus of frames on hand right now…. 🙂

10. January 12, 2011 / 6:43 AM

these are just another reason to go junktiqing – thanks for the inspiration, ladies!

11. January 12, 2011 / 6:46 AM

I zoomed in and then realized that I didn’t know how to zoom out! Hahaha, I figured it out but at least I got a good look at your blog! 🙂

12. January 12, 2011 / 10:40 AM

what a great blog, you inspire me, so I have some before and after!
    😉

13. January 12, 2011 / 2:22 PM

Love the frames and the trays, two things I don’t think I will ever stop scouring the bins at the thrift shops for. I cringe when I hit the local big box stores and they want some ridiculous amount for a simple frame, when I know I can find some sexy, kitchy, glam beauty all dusty and ready for action on a shelf at Goodwill.
    The trays are killer! Love trays, love to corral things 🙂 makes me feel like I have some control 😉
    Ciao ~ Eva

14. January 12, 2011 / 4:50 PM

Grea collection you have. I love it all. I saw something like this stuff in many Seattle Homes. Thank you for posting and sharing this great stuff.

15. January 13, 2011 / 4:06 PM

I was just reading this post and loving the frame/hair clip idea when I saw my tray! Thanks for posting.
    Karla

16. January 13, 2011 / 5:46 PM

What great afters! I especially love Karla’s tray!