Super Stairs

Super Stairs
Staircase redos are all the rage right now, in case you haven’t heard. Probably you and your mom are redoing your staircases right now. If you are like me, you love the look, but are a bit skittish about all the work involved. I’ve heard horror stories of eternities spent removing staples, hands forever frozen around needle-nose pliers, women huddled in a corner rocking back and forth, murmering things like “No one told me about all the GLUE!”

But the results, not to mention the cleanliness factor (have you SEEN stair carpet? Drop dead disgusting is putting it nicely) are well worth it. So, if you’d like to give it a go, here is a mini-staircase redo from Paige at Faith’s Place to get you revved up. Love the new banister too. Thanks Paige!

1. December 9, 2010 / 10:03 PM

oooh and some fun wall paper would look cool on the risers. I’m soo in touch with the staircase redo craze. shoot. 😉 love this!!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

2. December 9, 2010 / 10:45 PM

Love this. It’s beautiful!

3. December 9, 2010 / 11:32 PM

Loved the description of how hard it REALLY is to do this. My hat is off to Paige! Looks beautiful!

4. December 9, 2010 / 11:56 PM

my secret: I come ’round here just to read your bits sometimes – you are too funny 🙂 love the stairs..

5. December 10, 2010 / 2:06 AM

Thank you SO MUCH for featuring me! You have made my day! It means alot to see others appreciate my hard work!!!!

6. December 10, 2010 / 4:41 AM

I love this! I pulled carpet up from my stairs as well. Unfortunately I wasn’t left with nice wood so I painted mine with white risers and brown treads. We were selling the house and I wanted it to look nice, without additional cost of recarpeting stairs. My realtor HATED it. She thinks a nicer house needs carpet on the stairs, and that bare stairs look cheap. Granted, I partially did this to save money, but in retrospect wish I had done it years earlier so we could have enjoyed it! I think it looks a lot nicer. Good job ladies!