Pretty Pukey

Pretty Pukey
Coffee table makeovers are especially exciting to me right now because I find myself in need of one, due to an unfortunate series of miscommunications a few weeks ago which resulted in craigslist buyers walking away with all of my living room furniture right down to the throw pillows, when I specifically instructed my husband to only sell only the couches, this is what happens when I go out of town, sigh.

Anyhoo,
I’m suppressing my ragetotally over it.

So this one is especially inspiring, from Kammy at Kammy’s Korner. She found this table for $1 at a yard sale, painted it black, popped out the petrified swirls of cat vomit inserts and had glass cut to fit instead. Easy, breezy, beautiful!

1. December 13, 2010 / 7:29 PM

No, petrified cat vomit is so much prettier than that. Impressive makeover, wow, cannot even believe it’s the same table! Also, I now understand why you backed over your husband’s stuff in the driveway (mentioned in previous post).

2. December 13, 2010 / 7:33 PM

Gorgeous! i love it like the last post, very pretty all! kisses from spain

3. December 13, 2010 / 7:57 PM

“…petrified swirls of cat vomit” just made my day.

4. December 13, 2010 / 8:13 PM

WOW! There’s NO WAY I would’ve guessed that was the same table!

Aren’t husbands great??

5. December 13, 2010 / 8:47 PM

A DOLLAR! Seriously? How do people get so lucky!

And I sort of sold everything out of my bedroom last week, including our lamps, which now makes it dark in there, and my husband is not so pleased. But i couldn’t help it, I have the need for a makeover. DUH!

6. December 13, 2010 / 8:47 PM

A DOLLAR! Seriously? How do people get so lucky!

7. December 13, 2010 / 8:47 PM

A DOLLAR! Seriously? How do people get so lucky!

8. December 13, 2010 / 11:59 PM

Oh my! I can just imagine when you walked in and all of your living room furniture was gone!
    cat vomit! ha! It looks amazing!
    And for one dollar!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

9. December 14, 2010 / 12:00 AM

Seriously, that’s the same table? Fantastic job. The glass inserts really look great-although pretty much anything she did to cover the cat vomit inserts would have been an improvement.

10. December 14, 2010 / 9:29 AM

Another good thing about my new laminate wood floors….it’s easy to scrape petrified cat vomit off it. With 2 long haired cats it’s only normal and as far as it being petrified..well not everything appears new. lol