Mr. Mantle

Mr. Mantle

If you are considering beefing up your tiny mantle, I say DO IT! This little wall shelf perched over the tile just surround doesn’t cut it, in fact, it is a slap in the face to decent, hardworking mantles everywhere!

Whitney from Whyt’s Whimsy was also tired of her offensively wimpy mantle, and got to work, or actually hinted to her husband, and he got to work. Just in time for Christmas!

Did you know she found that great mantle on Ebay for $50?! I have also found many on Craigslist too, I had no idea they were so easy to find!

1. December 23, 2010 / 8:56 PM

I found a great mantle at the curb. I had already expanded our mantle so I am saving this one until the spirit moves me. This one is also great.

2. December 23, 2010 / 9:13 PM

LOVe that Transformation, so Charming and makes such a differ in a room..
    Beaufitul Job!!
    Karryann

3. December 23, 2010 / 9:25 PM

So, sooooo, sooo much better! I love a husband that is handy enough to do such a job. Tragically, not my husband. But anyway, tile surrounds are just no bueno, thank goodness for a handy husband and a woman with vision to save this fireplace.

4. December 23, 2010 / 9:25 PM

5. December 23, 2010 / 9:25 PM

6. December 24, 2010 / 12:23 AM

Love this!!! I love the frames and the new mantle. What a transformation!

7. December 24, 2010 / 12:53 AM

Yay! Whitney, this looks awesome!

8. December 24, 2010 / 2:06 AM

Wonderful mantle. Makes me want to do something new with mine:)

9. December 24, 2010 / 3:18 AM

The frames are AMAZING. I have super high celings I keep thinking a double mantle would be perfect. SUggestions?

10. December 24, 2010 / 3:48 AM

Raspberry Recipes

Wow…that is an amazing mantle transformation…and I love the frame decor above it too! Very creative!

11. December 24, 2010 / 6:37 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.

12. December 24, 2010 / 6:59 AM

Whytney said…
    Aww, thanks! I had fun with the mantel. And Mr. Whimsy’s does have a stocking… I had run out of command hooks, but all is well now!

The frames are super easy and versitile. I have a hard time finding artwork that I like so I tend to use architectural elements. I also change pretty regularly.

Thanks Lindsey for the feature and y’all have a Blessed Christmas!

Whyt