A Whiner and a Winner

A Whiner and a Winner
Better After readers Tracy and Mark found this lovely dresser on craigslist for $15. I’m just going to take this opportunity to beat the dead horse that is me complaining about my inability to ever find such deals. I’m serious. What is up with that, Universe? I was at the thriftstore today and saw a plain old nightstand, absolutely nothing spectacular about it at all, for $59.99. Dude, for that price I’ll just go to IKEA and get something that I know is guaranteed to not contain mouse poop or ever been used as an ashtray. I swear.

Anyway, let’s get back on track: Tracy and Mark modified the bottom of this dresser to hold baskets since a drawer was missing and added a new wood top. I think it’s awesome. Behold:

***
NEW RELEASE! 100 pages of decorative painting tips, techniques and tools for only $10!

Download your copy today!

***

1. November 24, 2010 / 8:10 PM

Holy crap that is fantastic!!! You’re not alone girl I rarely find anything I want on my local craigslist – and when I do it’s always when I’m broke as a joke!

2. November 24, 2010 / 8:19 PM

Wow, I love this. I wish I wouldn’t of thrown our broker dresser away, the baskets was a genius idea.

3. November 24, 2010 / 8:20 PM

I am totally with you, Craigslist and I just are struggling to form a relationship, and I am willing!! haha, we’ll just keep trying it will happen! I love there new dresser.

4. November 24, 2010 / 8:21 PM

Oh she’s soooo beautifull!!! I want!

5. November 24, 2010 / 8:24 PM

OMG that has to be the best reno you have ever posted! LOVE the color. LOVE the baskets & added divider. LOVE that you used the phrase “mouse poop”. This definitely is my fav blog! Happy Turkey Day!

6. November 24, 2010 / 8:58 PM

This is gorgeous! What an awesome renovation!
    I never find the good deals either!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

7. November 24, 2010 / 9:12 PM

Just gorgeous! Its got great lines and you can’t beat the price. Love the baskets.

8. November 24, 2010 / 9:27 PM

Isn’t this darling? Especially with the baskets! I am right there with you on not finding deals on Craigslist and the Thrift Store – here in Oklahoma City they think everything is worth so much more than it is. And most of it is sooo ugly.

I find better deals at the Flea Markets and Antique Shops.

I did get my complete dining room set at Salvation Army – 6 chairs, table and buffet for $200 which was good but that’s the best buy I’ve found. I hope to have before and afters of them soon to send to you.

9. November 24, 2010 / 9:40 PM

Definitely one of my absolute favorites that you’ve posted. The color, the baskets, ALL OF IT are perfection.

I never find anything worth talking about at thrift stores or craigslist either. Maybe these people are lying? I don’t know.

But I DO KNOW that I’m so happy I found this blog, it’s my new favorite to look at. You crack me up. And finally…your bro. and sis. in law are totally in my ward and live kitty corner from me. FUN!

10. November 24, 2010 / 9:40 PM

11. November 24, 2010 / 9:40 PM

12. November 24, 2010 / 9:46 PM

Ha! You’re comment about finding mouse poop just cracked me up. That’s the downside of before and afters I guess. Cobwebs, creepy crawling critters and you said it…mouse poop. Oh, how I love thrift store finds! lol

13. November 24, 2010 / 11:10 PM

Mmmm….pretty!!!
    I know what you mean about deals! It’s like when there are two lines at the checkout. No matter which one I go to, it’s always the slowest!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for sharing! :o)

14. November 25, 2010 / 12:13 AM

That is freakin sa-weet! Do they not have a blog…..how can that be?

15. November 25, 2010 / 5:50 AM

i can´t believe that! it´s incredible! i love it.

16. November 26, 2010 / 3:52 PM

Our thrift store prices are in line with yours! It is amazing to me the prices they ask for total trash! This is a beautiful dresser, I just love what they did with the baskets!

17. July 26, 2011 / 9:33 PM

Wow! This is the best “after” piece I’ve seen!!! This will definitely inspire one of my next projects.