Hutchette

Hutchette

You may have already heard that I have a mild phobia of knotty wood. Knotty wood looks like it has eyes that are watching me! It’s not like I can’t leave the house or anything, it just makes me uncomfortable. A phobiette, I like to call it.

So I am all for painting over those creepy knots, and even going the extra mile, covering them in print! Take that dark empty eyeballs of doom, you can’t scare me now! From Diane at In My Own Style. who just wanted to update this hutch and probably didn’t really need to know about me and my wood psychosis.

1. November 12, 2010 / 9:21 PM

While I’m a wood lover and almost always hate to see wood painted over, I think the new hutch is pretty. I LOVE the newsprint inside the shelving! It gives it a totally different dimension!

2. November 12, 2010 / 9:27 PM

As much as I love the Before (knotty wood does not bother me) the white looks glorious. 🙂

3. November 12, 2010 / 9:52 PM

What a fabulous makeover. I love the baskets on the sides. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

4. November 13, 2010 / 12:39 AM

Hi Lindsey! Oh, I love this! Can’t believe the difference and the print inside the cabinet looks fantastic. She knows how to decorate it too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

5. November 13, 2010 / 2:08 AM

I have to disagree with this one for sure!! I love the original much more. I like the rustic feel. Sorry for your knotty pine phobia!

6. November 13, 2010 / 8:46 PM

The knotty pine look has always been a pet peeve of mine-love the white-clean and fresh and the page lined shelves are really creative!!

7. November 13, 2010 / 10:52 PM

Hi Lindsey-

I just want to say thanks for featuring my hutch make-over on Better After. xo I also have to tell you that I love your blog name – simple, effective, memorable,and clever. The best qualities for a blog name.
    Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend.
    My best- Diane

8. November 14, 2010 / 9:45 PM

Gorgeous! This is great. I love how it turned out.

9. November 15, 2010 / 2:58 AM

Great transformation! love the white it makes it look shabby sheik.