Nine Footer

Nine Footer

Ellen and her man pulled a Jim and Pam when they bought their home from her in-laws three years ago. With it came not a creepy clown picture superglued to the wall (if that makes no sense to you whatsoever, you probably don’t religiously watch/memorize The Office likes I do) but a 9-foot buffet!

Yes, NINE feet! Wow.

It was nice, but just not Ellen’s style. But how can you get rid of a 9-foot buffet? You can’t. So she switched it up a little with a two-toned paint job, which looks amazing and you can read more about it right HERE.

1. October 28, 2010 / 10:44 PM

First off, I love that episode of The Office.

Second off, WOW!

Probably the only time in my life I can say I envy someone’s 9-foot buffet.

2. October 28, 2010 / 11:04 PM

Yes, I just watched that episode a few days ago! I was thinking “I totally could do a makeover to that and submit it to Better After”..:)

That buffet – Way to work with something you already have!

3. October 28, 2010 / 11:05 PM

I want one! I would luv to DIY that and post it on my blog.

It looks amazing!

4. October 28, 2010 / 11:23 PM

Such a pity it got all painted over!!! Why would you have a real wood piece of furniture (not mdf, not some kind of wood paste) and try to “antique it” or paint it? It would have been better for the nine footer to be given a chance with someone who really appreciates good, sturdy, quality furniture for what it is and then get the daughter in law an IKEA or Restoration Hardware replica.

5. October 28, 2010 / 11:25 PM

That’s what she said!

6. October 28, 2010 / 11:48 PM

I think it is beautiful! I love what she did with it and I hope she enjoys!!

7. October 29, 2010 / 12:12 AM

Knew right away what you were talking about… though I had to go back & re-read…. I thought you said it came with a creepy clown pic, & I thought, “Can Not be” 🙂
    Great job on the buffet….

8. October 29, 2010 / 12:35 AM

Geez…this may the first time I like the before better. I love painted furniture but it really was beautiful before and being painted….I think it lost some uniqueness…even though its super sized

9. October 29, 2010 / 1:18 AM

What a great piece to inherit-looks great!

10. October 29, 2010 / 2:35 AM

You had me at “Nine Footer”…and that buffet is GORGEOUS!

11. October 29, 2010 / 3:01 AM

ha ha i love the office and that part!! so glad you brought it up!!

what a beautiful buffet!!

12. October 29, 2010 / 9:47 AM

wow imagine being left that sideboard and getting it for free.. fantastic. .it looks great after ..

13. October 29, 2010 / 1:02 PM

Holy buffet, batman!

14. October 29, 2010 / 1:59 PM

Hi! Thia is Ellen! Thanks for all the nice comments! Everyone isintitled to their own opinion! :)….Just to clarify the top was stained with Minwax Dark Walnut not painted! 🙂

15. October 29, 2010 / 4:04 PM

I am a total believer in do whatever you want to a piece of furniture! If you want to paint it – go for it… because I totally love the after – and the dark stained top!

16. October 29, 2010 / 5:57 PM

OMG! I LOVE that buffet!!!!!!!! I love French lines, and what you did to that is nothing short of fabulous. I just found you through A Delightful Design — Abby put both of us on her Friday list. You’ve a new fan and so glad I connected to you!

17. October 29, 2010 / 11:21 PM

The after is nice and all but…the buffet was gorgeous BEFORE! It just needed larger scale accessories.

18. October 30, 2010 / 2:45 PM

I love Jim and Pam and I adore that buffet! She did a great job styling it too.

19. November 11, 2010 / 3:37 PM

I like it both ways! To each their own. Paint can always be removed!

20. January 12, 2011 / 1:37 AM

hhahahaa i love the reference to the office… i have every episode memorized too. hehe. i’m kind of torn… i sort of like the before photo better but she did a great paint job!