Rachel’s Red Removal

Rachel’s Red Removal
My first apartment had red kitchen counters just like this before bathroom. Did they add a dash of “whimsy” and “fun” to my kitchen? No. They brought shame. Red counters are just not ok, unless they are installed in a preschool or at the pediatrician’s, or maybe at the front office of the circus.
 Rachel felt the same, and thus took a sledgehammer to the red counters and just about everything else in her old bathroom. In only eight days she had transformed it into the serene and spa-like space it is today. Lots more to see on her cute blog First Home Makeover.

This post has been brought to you by

1. September 2, 2010 / 6:27 PM

That before was HORRIBLE. Wanna know something funny, we have the exact same vanity in our bathroom. LOL!

2. September 2, 2010 / 7:44 PM

Beautiful!!

3. September 3, 2010 / 12:37 AM

Gotta disagree w/you on this one. Nothing, NOTHING is worse than same-ol’, lemming-grade, Stepford-Wife granite countertops. Nothing.

I want a red countertop in my kitchen. Bathroom? Not so much.

4. September 3, 2010 / 12:53 AM

Thanks for interest people! Good or bad- I’ll take it! Love the feedback.

🙂

5. September 3, 2010 / 1:31 AM

Wow! I am so impressed! It’s like a whole new bathroom. I agree that the red countertop HAD to go. I bet this reno was a lot of work, but it certainly paid off.

Lauren

6. September 3, 2010 / 2:03 AM

We had a red counter in a 1970’s bathroom AND a red sink AND a red tub! yeah…cute….

She did a great job! Diana

7. September 3, 2010 / 3:26 PM

Great Job!!! My daughter(age 19) wants to paint her room red – seeing this will hopefully remove her desire. I think we will paint it a tan & use red accents. It will be much easier to change colors in six months when she tires of red.