Bridgett in Black

Bridgett in Black

Would you love to redo your kitchen, but just don’t have enough cash? Well throw that idea out the window my friends, because Bridgett redid her 80’s kitchen with nothing more than a can of black paint!

Ok, now you are probably picturing Bridgett slopping paint on her cabinets with her bare hands, so let’s admit: she probably had a few brushes and some tape and maybe even a paint tray and dropcloth. But with such dramatic results, it’s well worth it, wouldn’t you say? Of course you would. Great job Bridgett!

1. September 13, 2010 / 6:44 PM

The black is fabulous! I love it–was just preparing my post for tomorrow–all about painting things Black! Instant update!

2. September 13, 2010 / 7:01 PM

I’m trying to update my 80’s kitchen and my girlfriend wants me to paint the cabinets black! That looks great… (I have the same curvy cutout piece over my sink and I’m tying to remove it)

3. September 13, 2010 / 7:26 PM

I would love to read more about her paint job. Is there a link to check out? thanks for featuring this.

4. September 13, 2010 / 8:59 PM

It looks fabulous and a can of paint does usually work wonders. I love it. Hugs, Marty

5. September 13, 2010 / 10:36 PM

This kitchen looks FAB!

It looks like she also updated the hardware which is another inexpensive idea that has a huge impact! I switched out the hardware on a buffet given to me by my mother-in-law, instant update.

Telia, NewlyWedWifeLife

6. September 13, 2010 / 11:42 PM

This is Bridgett. Thanks for all the kind comments about my kitchen! I love it so much now! Yes, I did replace the old hardware on my cabinets in addition to painting them. I didn’t have a blog, but started one at the urging of a family member. Not very computer-savy, so still figuring all this stuff out. I hope this link works.

7. September 14, 2010 / 2:18 PM