Venti Dresser

Wake up! It’s Thursday morning! We aren’t quite to the weekend yet, so in case you are having trouble getting going, in case you are in need of some visual caffeine, here is a jolt to the senses courtesy of Better After reader Susan!
 This shabby, drabby old dresser had been left behind in her college apartment and didn’t exactly scream “hey, look at me!” But it certainly does now! Thanks Susan!

Subscribe Contact Pinterest Twitter Instagram Facebook
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. I like the concept, but I’d do it with different pattern choices.

2. I love it! I love the random pattern choices. So awesome!

3. Oh, I love this. For myself, I’d do it in various red prints.

I really like the new base color of the dresser, too. Great job.

4. I really like this dresser! Are the drawers covered with fabric or paper?

5. So excited to see this on here! Thanks for the nice comments everyone! It’s all fabric, gathered through the years-old clothes, a bed sheet, remnants and randoms. I used mod podge to adhere it and then went over it with a finishing spray so it wouldn’t feel tacky. The sides and top are covered as well. It’s a fun project, I highly suggest it!

6. Lovely makeover. So cheerful.

7. Looks like a quilt block – of wood! :-) Very creative & I like all that color!

8. This is gorgeous! I love all the prints.

9. I LOVE this dresser. A true inspiration.

happy crafting, Kellie

10. So C.U.T.E

11. Hi! Thank you so much for the idea! I had an old beat up nightstand I have been meaning to throw away, but now am “upcycling”! I was wondering what “finishing spray” you used.
    Thanks!

12. I had the same questions. What finishing spray? I rescued an old dresser from my neighbors trash and this would be fun to do.

13. Love this! I’ll be featuring it on my blog this Thursday.

Thanks!
    Sumo:)

14. Anonymous says:

Is it fabric or paper that is used on the dresser? Love this idea!

15. I have a dresser waiting for this – even purchased fabric for it… oh about 2 years ago! Does the fabric go around to the back of the drawer front, or is it cut, or turned and then glued down? and I will ask – yes, what finshing spray? is there one you recommend? thanks!

16. Anonymous says:

can you post materials as well as step by step instructions? I’d love to try this out! your dresser went from drab to fab! LOVE IT@

17. It’s fabric, and looks like it’s cut so it’s flat against the front. The Mod Podge will seal the edges so you don’t have to worry about it fraying. You can even do a light sanding after the Mod Podge cures to smooth any frayed edges. You can use a polyurethane spray or Polycrylic.

18. What did you use to stick the clothe to the dresser.. what type of glue? Fabric glue, hodge podge? And what did you use to seal it tight on the inside (or sides) of the drawer? Pins, hot glue???
    Thanks,
    Heidi

19. What did you use to get the clothe to stick to the dresser?? Fabric glue, hodge podge??? Also, what did you use to make it look so smoothe? And lastly, what did u use to round the corner of the drawers so tight and smoothe and to keep the fabric from popping off?? straight pins, glue, staples???
    Thanks,
    Heidi

20. I have a horrible old dresser that I was about to chuck out the door, but I think I’ll give this a try!! Thanks for the inspiration, it looks fabulous! :)

21. This is exactly what i was thinking for my daughter.. I mentioned something like this earlier this week for her old schoo dresser.. excellent idea.. PS i love the print on the bottom drawer!

22. Anonymous says:

I am wondering if this is wallpaper or borders rather than fabric. I am also wondering where the instructions are to do this. If not on this site, then where is the link?

23. I just LOVE this!! I have the perfect old dresser for this. And this is going to be my weekend project this weekend! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!

24. What a great idea!! I have the perfect old dresser for this! And this will be my weekend project! Thank you for the INSPIRATION!!!

25. Anonymous says:

Very cool. And I love the idea of old clothes, etc. Memories.

26. Anonymous says:

This looks so cool! I’d love to do this with my daughter’s dresser, its ready for an update. However, there are no directions/instructions??!! For those who have NEVER used Mod Podge and have never heard of finishing spray…can you please elaborate on how one would go about creating such a look??

Thanks so much!

27. Is there a link with instructions or something? I don’t even know how to use that podge stuff…

28. Love the idea — and plan on trying it, but two pictures do not help people who have no idea how to do anything crafy like this,or even use Mod Podge.

29. Great idea. I have a dresser that’s screaming to be refinished. This has given me some inspiration. TY.

30. Love it. Trying to pin it now so I can recall it later.

31. ADORE this!

32. debra bartley says:

I was going to distress my cedar lined chest, but not now…I’m getting out some fabric and mod podge! I love this creation!

33. Hi Susan. is there any place where we could follow instructions? This is a fantastic idea!! Thanks for sharing!

34. I absolutely LOVE this dresser. I have a boring old dresser that would love to look like this. Could you possibly post instructions on how to do this?

35. I LOVE this! My dresser is such a mess, and it’d be a perfect candidate for this kind of treatment. Could you possibly post instructions on how to do this? Thanks.

36. Love it!! :D