You’re Knotty!

You’re Knotty!
Wowzers. Wood overload ya’ll. Wood ceiling, wood floors and fake wood-paneled cabinets. I’m surprised the fridge wasn’t whittled out of wood too. The lime green formica really brings it home though.
 The after is so crisp and clean, you can actually appreciate the wood ceiling and wood floor. And I bet no one shed a single tear to see that lime countertop go. Beautiful! Check out more on Diane’s blog Adventure Before Dementia!

1. July 9, 2010 / 11:49 PM

This actually had much more character before 🙁

2. July 9, 2010 / 11:57 PM

Oh thank GOD! It looks way way way better! Some people just went way too far with the paneling/wood look back then!

3. July 10, 2010 / 12:32 AM

Oh I definitely like the after shot!! I personally think it is much cleaner and defined. Love it!

4. July 10, 2010 / 1:08 AM

I just discovered your blog and I love seeing all the before’s and after’s! This kitchen is an amazng transformation. I love the clean modern look mixed with a little rustic wood! Thanks for sharing!

Check out my brand new blog…

Hannah

5. July 10, 2010 / 1:57 AM

Seems if they were going to spend all the time and money to do it over they could have found a more middle ground. It looks like sterile hospital laboratory now….

Lynne

6. July 10, 2010 / 3:17 AM

I would LOVE lime green counters!!!

7. July 10, 2010 / 1:11 PM

This looks great! This is my first visit to your blog. I love all your transformations!

8. July 11, 2010 / 8:19 PM

Akkkkkk, knotty pine! Looks so much cleaner and brighter. What’s not to like about clean?

Lisa

9. July 12, 2010 / 1:05 PM

I, too, sort of dug that lime green! A middle ground would have been better for me on this re-do.

10. July 12, 2010 / 6:20 PM

I prefer the “before” version. All I would have done is replace the lime green counter top with a candy apple red one.

The “after” is too sterile and boring for me. No character. It does look very clean, though.

Hey, as long as the homeowners are happy, right?