Silver Metal

Silver Metal
This. Exactly this. I want a dresser exactly like this. Dear Universe, take note.
 I love what Heidi did with this piece. While the before was certainly not offensive – I mean there’s not even any cigarette burns or mold or missing parts! The after makes me swoo-hoon. (That’s swooning so hard it takes two syllables).
 She says she accomplished this with silver spray paint, and I’d love to know what kind, because a lot of silver spray paint delivers really cheesy fake results, and hers looks superb. And I love the mirrors extra much. Thanks Heidi!

UPDATE! Heidi has shared more info on her brand new blog: Glam in a Can

1. July 28, 2010 / 3:11 PM

this look awsome!great job!

2. July 28, 2010 / 3:47 PM

Great job, any hope of a link? I’d love a tutorial if she has one 🙂

3. July 28, 2010 / 6:41 PM

I just found your blog linked from a regular blog I read.. I love it! Its got some great reading material 🙂 I especially enjoyed seeing all the ‘before & after’ of various kitchens. I am in the middle of transforming my kitchen.. doing the paint over oak thing, and new countertops/backsplash. I’m soaking up ideas like a sponge, and wanted to actually go to these girls blogs to read how they did theirs (you add a link)but when I go there, I see that its a “closed” blog and I must be “invited”. How do I do that?

4. July 28, 2010 / 8:58 PM

Let us know if you find out what kind of spray paint she used…inquiring minds want to know.

5. July 28, 2010 / 9:37 PM

Dish already, Heidi–I have 4 pieces of furniture waiting to become silver-plated, just like yours!

6. July 28, 2010 / 9:50 PM

Yowza! I am in love with this dresser. Must. Paint. Something. Today.

7. July 28, 2010 / 10:51 PM

Hey there! I haven’t heard from Heidi about what paint she used, but she did say she is playing around with starting a blog, so I’ll let you know if that happens! As far as not being “invited” to other blogs, I guess some people may have changed their blogs from public to private, so the links just don’t work anymore. 🙁 Bummer!

8. July 28, 2010 / 11:41 PM

This is crazy beautiful. I love how the paint really brings out the carved details. And the mirrors! Wow!!

9. July 28, 2010 / 11:54 PM

OMG! That is awesome! Very Art Deco Chic! I never would have thought to paint a piece silver! I will have to keep an eye out for something that will look great in silver…perhaps a chair. I just have to try that!

10. July 29, 2010 / 2:36 AM