Let’s Hear it for the Boys!

Let’s Hear it for the Boys!
I’m not sure, but I’m pretty sure the majority of Better After’s readers are ladykind. But once in a while I get submissions from a fellow or two, which I love. Usually it’s the girls who have to convince the boys that the rain-soaked plaid sofa that they dragged in from the neighbor’s curb has potential, can’t you see it? POTENTIAL! So I appreciate a man who can build and design and see that crusty old sofa, (or rusty old desk, in this case) for what it could be.
 Now, for your Friday enjoyment, may I offer up some manly redos? These are courtesy of Jason and his team at Purpose Restoration, and let me tell you, they don’t mess around.

Have your lady-senses been shocked? Quite possibly the most testosterone-laden redo I’ve seen yet. Purpose Restoration often incorporates graffiti inspired artwork into their designs. “Words are loaded pistols,” love that. See it HERE.

Can’t say I would have ever considered automotive lacquer as a finish, but it looks magical on this metal dresser. See it HERE.

Not everything is guns and graffiti, this piece incorporates soft colors and a nature-inspired design. See it HERE.

And how great is this? A whimsical take on what was a just plain and simple armoire. See it HERE.
It’s obvious that Purpose Restoration puts a lot of vision and skill into their work. You can check out way more before and afters over on their website HERE. Thanks Jason!

1. July 16, 2010 / 4:47 PM

I love that silver dresser!! I went a little crazy a few years ago with a can of aluminum metal paint.. our house was shiny 🙂 but nothing looked as great as these..

2. July 16, 2010 / 4:47 PM

3. July 16, 2010 / 4:47 PM

4. July 16, 2010 / 5:01 PM

I am SO digging that silver dresser with the green nobs. Totally Hot!

5. July 16, 2010 / 5:10 PM

PS – crakcs me up you have the leg lamp in your header for before. We actually have one of those. It was a gag Christmas gift – love that movie.

I linked to you today too! 🙂

6. July 16, 2010 / 6:59 PM

I love the dresser with the tree! So gorgeous!

7. July 17, 2010 / 1:24 AM

I featured your telephone table redo at Sassy Sites! Come by and check it out! 😉

8. July 19, 2010 / 12:13 AM

The first and the last are my favorites! They’re awesome!

9. July 19, 2010 / 2:34 PM

I love your site! And love finding like minded people even more! I too redo furniture thedecorativepaintbrush.blogspot.com Please feel free to stop by or even follow 🙂 Look forward to seeing more amazing transformations!

10. July 19, 2010 / 8:34 PM

I LOVE this post! The silver dresser and graphic desk and armoire are fabulous! The creativity is inspiring. (I have become a bit weary of seeing white painted furniture everywhere)Thanks for the variety.
    Cris gojusttryit.blogspot

11. July 23, 2010 / 3:00 AM

I’m sorry, but all, save the silver ones with green knobs, are photoshopped. Disqualified!