TIME for a change

TIME for a change
Kristen found this charmingly retro clock and thought it could use a little sprucing up.  First she spray painted it white, de-corded it and replaced it’s innards with a battery powered mechanism.  Then she topped it all off with a bit of scrapbooking paper for a punch of color.
 I think it looks super cute, although I have to admit I liked the old clock face too!  But that’s just because I have a big crush on old clock faces.  In fact, if you asked me to make a list of things I have a crush on, it would look like this:  #1 Shaun White, #2 Channing Tatum, #3 Old Clock Faces.  It’s true.

1. June 17, 2010 / 5:04 PM

I like the new look but I also really liked the old clock face too 🙂

2. June 17, 2010 / 5:25 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.

3. June 17, 2010 / 9:18 PM

Channing Tatum, girl? Really? He looks like a potato!

4. June 18, 2010 / 8:24 PM

Thanks for posting my clock!! Love your blog. I did love the face of this clock also. What you can’t see from the picture was that it was really rusty on the top and the paper was bubbling up. I tried to clean it off which made it worse. So thats how it got a new face. Thanks again… Kristen

5. July 12, 2011 / 3:05 AM

I know this post is super old but I came across it and could not leave it unsaid that Channing Tatum in no way resembles a potato and is one of God’s most beautiful creatures. I have him as my #1. I think she meant to say that Shaun White looks like a potato….

6. February 12, 2012 / 11:00 PM

I have this clock hanging in my front room! I’m thinking of changing it to electric, but I love the shabby, rustiness of it. Thanks for the idea!