Sew What?

Sew What?
I don’t really understand the concept of the sewing stool.  Are you supposed to sit on it and sew?  How does one get to their sewing supplies while sitting on them at the same time?  If you aren’t supposed to sit on it and sew, then why have legs on it at all?  Why the need to elevate one’s sewing supplies six inches off the floor? Color me confused.  But I do know this: this was one ugly sewing stool that is now super cute thanks to an oh-so-appropriate redo from Christa at Thrifty Tickle.  Don’t you love her fun fabric and embellishments?  They totally make sense, even if the stool itself remains a mystery…  Thanks Christa!

1. June 16, 2010 / 9:25 PM

I always thought you could actually store a) fabric and notions or b) the actual machine in a sewing stool.

2. June 16, 2010 / 9:59 PM

Okay, now that is adorable! I have never heard of a sewing stool, but I suppose it’s like a piano bench. It keeps what you need handy.

3. June 17, 2010 / 12:44 AM

SEW cute – sorry, couldn’t resist… I love that fabric and the measuring tape trim is so original – where can I get one?!

4. June 17, 2010 / 12:44 AM

5. June 17, 2010 / 12:44 AM

6. June 17, 2010 / 4:48 AM

Thanks for featuring me! The sewing stool is like a piano bench in a way. It’s comfortable to sit on (or prop you feet on) and it keeps your sewing supplies nearby.

7. April 28, 2011 / 6:03 PM

GASPP!!!!!!! I love, love, love this.
    Where can I buy a sewing stool? Never seen one?