Double Hutch

Double Hutch
I’ve tried several times in the past to begin a post like this “Here’s the story… of a something something” and then I try to talk about the project and make it all rhyme and go along with the Brady Bunch theme song.  It’s never quite worked out for me and I always give up after the first line.  But maybe someday I’ll get it.  What the heck am I talking about? I’m up way too late.
 Anyway, here’s the story of two boring hutches…that were given a new life of their own.  (See what I mean?  Lame.)  OK, so since I’m painfully lacking in lyrical talent, I will simply say that they both turned out great.  First one comes from Angie at All My Treasures.   Looks fresh and charming in black, and I love the lighter interior.
 Second hutch comes from Kristi at Addicted 2 Decorating, who was actually inspired by a dresser featured on this very blog, seen here. Love that two tone look.  I’m glad that both ladies decided to keep the original hardware, simply updated with a coat of paint.  It pulls together the whole piece, like the perfect pair of earrings.   Thanks Angie and Kristi!

1. June 15, 2010 / 7:21 PM

That second piece went from something I would never have in my home to a beautiful sideboard – WOW!

2. June 15, 2010 / 7:21 PM

3. June 15, 2010 / 7:21 PM

4. June 15, 2010 / 8:22 PM

I love that first, black piece. What a transformation!!! I frequent your site and just wanted to say hi. I love all the before and afters, I must say I am addicted!

5. June 15, 2010 / 9:55 PM

My mom shared a link to this post – so helpful! I have my Grandmother’s (cheap-ish) hutch that I want to redo…I think I’ve officially been inspired!

6. June 16, 2010 / 1:00 AM

Thank you so much for featuring the hutch I did!!! So excited to be on here 😉

7. June 16, 2010 / 1:10 AM

Angie and Kristi are both online friends of mine and very talented ladies! Not to mention just wonderful people all around, and I adore their blogs, and they partially inspired me to write my own.They inspire me daily and have lead to me redoing a dresser recently and I go to Angie for ideas for my upcoming projects!
    Thanks for featuring them! I have clicked follow on your blog as well and will add a thumb nail to my page asap so others can see your inspiring blog as well!

8. June 16, 2010 / 5:44 PM

Ladies thank you for your wonderful inspirational pieces. I have been following Angie for some time and love her blog and face book fan page. I signed up to follow Kristi and Better After.