Ikea Dresser

Ikea Dresser
Hello again! Just taking a trip through the Better After archives today! This was one of my very favorite projects from last year. I’ve FINALLY decided to remedy my pathetic nightstand situation, and currently have these very dressers sitting in my garage, waiting to be painted!

From August, 2009 I present: ikea dresser!

File this under TO DO STAT: Would you believe the before and after are even the same dresser? I love this one. It’s just gorgeous, and I don’t throw that word around a lot.
 I’ve been on the hunt for new nightstands. Sadly, I am still using a $5 round “nightstand” with the three rickety dowel legs, boringly covered with a beige tablecloth that I’ve had for at least 8 years.
 Check out Eric’s website at DMD for more pictures and full instructions. Thanks Eric!

1. April 9, 2010 / 11:01 PM

Mid-century modern always hits my sweet spot! Love how she took a new piece and made it look vintage. It’s awesome!

2. April 10, 2010 / 12:23 AM

I’m curious where those handles are from…

Kelly

3. April 10, 2010 / 6:27 PM

Great transformation! Thanks for posting again, I missed it the first time.

4. April 11, 2010 / 12:32 AM

I had two of these as bedside table for years! they have foudn their way into my sons room (STILL unfinished) after seeing this chic update I am going to kick my behind into gear and get these living up to their potential

5. April 11, 2010 / 12:32 AM

6. April 11, 2010 / 12:32 AM

7. April 15, 2010 / 4:10 PM

I just finished this dresser last week, also to use as a nightstand. I spent extra time with an antique finish to match a nightstand on the other side. And I really wanted it to last so I put 2 coats of Poly on it. It looks great, except the DRAWERS WON’T CLOSE!!! I know I need to just haul them back downstairs to sand them, but I was so mad it’s been a week since I’ve touched them again. As a warning to all, don’t paint the perimeter of the front of the drawers, just the front!