Happy Tax Time!

Happy Tax Time!
In honor (or dis-honor) of good ol‘ April 15 (tax day), I’m posting some extra happy redos today, in case you need a little cheering up! I know I do, I think we’re being audited. Barf.
 First up is a great hutch redo from Beckie over at Infarrantly Creative. What makes a worn out hutch look great? Everyone’s best friend: black paint. What makes it look even better? How about some super happy fabric to dress it up and give it some extra oomph? Check out her blog to see some of the creative fixes she came up with to salvage this piece that was headed for the dump.
 Love how she covered up the dated parquet with beadboard too. Thanks Beckie!

1. April 15, 2010 / 2:27 PM

Wow! I love it!!!

2. April 15, 2010 / 2:30 PM

Love the black, not sure I’d be brave enough to use that fabric….but she’s braver than me obviously!

3. April 15, 2010 / 4:08 PM

Did you know she was featured on HowDoesShe today? She has some great stuff!

4. April 15, 2010 / 4:46 PM

I cannot wait to get my hands on a cabinet like this!! Been searching for months!
    Love this redo!

5. April 15, 2010 / 6:06 PM

I love this! I don’t think I could pull it off but it is definitely stylish and fun!

I think we will be audited too. Even though my job stayed the same in 09, I went from being an employee to a contractor and we goofed up on taxes. My husband fixed it, but I still am expecting a letter…..

6. April 15, 2010 / 6:28 PM

What a great idea to add the beadboard. I could see this piece painted any number of colors. It really is a great piece, but the dated wood tone covered up that fact.

7. April 15, 2010 / 7:27 PM

That is a Happy piece indeed!!

8. April 16, 2010 / 6:10 AM

I dig this piece too and I think my home needs one. Its very pretty. Thanks for the inspiration.

9. April 16, 2010 / 10:10 AM

Wow! This looks great! I’ve got to start looking at “junk” with a different perspective. This type of cabinet would be perfect in my sewing room.

10. February 20, 2011 / 4:02 AM

That does look better painted then i would think, since i have grown up seeing that hutch (Grandma has the same on, in the “before” state but in great shape) but looks good painted though i wouldnt use anything on the glass