Dressing up Bessie

Dressing up Bessie
Sarah alerted me to the fact that she was overhauling her entire house, so I hopped on over to her blog Baby Steps with Bessie to take a peek. (Anyone who names their house, let alone names their house”Bessie,” is alright with me!)
 So here was Bessie’s dining room. Ack! Shield your eyes! Let’s get a close up of that wallpaper. I see mallard ducks floating among be-ribboned baskets of flowers. Home Sweet Home indeed. A little too sweet. I’m afraid.

Ahhhhh, it’s like you can breath in here now! And let’s take a look at the living room. Be prepared for another assault on your eyes, this time from the lava-like glow of the magenta carpet.

And after! If springtime looked like a living room, it might look just like this. Thanks Sarah! By the way, I see you! Check out more of Bessie’s progress over on her blog HERE.

1. April 7, 2010 / 11:04 PM

I love Bessie and her new do, all of us ladies need a change once in awhile. LOvely, all of it.
    Love ya,Debbie

2. April 7, 2010 / 11:23 PM

Seeing how the stone looks painted on the fireplace after, makes me wish I owned my place and could do the same! What a FANTASTIC change. 🙂

3. April 7, 2010 / 11:47 PM

I can’t figure out how mallard ducks and baskets are related. I’m just glad that Bessie doesn’t have to deal with them any more!

4. April 8, 2010 / 2:17 AM

Oh my! Thank goodness someone showed Bessie some love 🙂

5. April 8, 2010 / 2:55 AM

Thanks for featuring me here…Bessie has been a labor of love…we only have a couple of projects left to go…

This is a recycled HUD property on 10 acres…we are now mortgage free!

After all the before and after photos are posted, we will be hosting a renaming party…because somehow Bessie doesn’t fit anymore, she isn’t the same worn out cow sitting in her pasture that she once was… ;0D

Blessings and thanks for stopping by!

6. April 8, 2010 / 7:14 AM

This wallpaper makes me smile… But it’s gone! For the best…