Chic n’ Checkered

Chic n’ Checkered
Who loves black and white? Me, that’s who. And Janet does too, check out her black and white kitchen redo, a giant step up from the before. What was going on there, with the cabinet boxes painted the same color as the wall? It gave them a strange floating effect.
 I like how she calmed down the wall colors and let the kitchen do the talking instead. And that floor! So fun. See more on her blog Culde-Sac Chic. Thanks Janet!

1. April 26, 2010 / 2:44 PM

Love the Blk & white !

2. April 26, 2010 / 2:49 PM

Oh much better in the after photo!!

3. April 26, 2010 / 3:00 PM

love me some checkered flooring!

4. April 26, 2010 / 3:53 PM

I think the chandelier could stand for some cute Black and White shades, but other than that, it’s amazing!! Ahhhh, the wonders of paint, the cabinets look brand new!

5. April 26, 2010 / 4:19 PM

Great job! This kitchen has real presence now.

6. April 26, 2010 / 5:14 PM

I love black and white too….check out my bedroom makeover with turquoise,black and white!

Love this kitchen. My Mom has flooring very much like that and I have been wanting it sooo bad, but my wood flooring is too new to take up for another few years!

7. April 26, 2010 / 6:19 PM

Black and white is the most classic combination. Love it. The floor is my favorite part.

8. April 26, 2010 / 10:43 PM

Lindsay Thanks for featuring my kitchen. Honestly I wasn’t in love with the new blue walls. Since its an open floorplan I felt like it was too much blue. I have been repainting the kitchen, living room, hallway, and stairwell tapestry beige. I got the most awesome antiques for the top of my cabinets.

I love the black and white floors and the farmhouse sink. I can pile so many dishes in it.

Thanks again it’s so exciting to get featured on your blog.

9. April 27, 2010 / 7:34 AM

Wow! what a transformation. I love the black and white.
    Joy

10. April 28, 2010 / 7:23 PM

I so love this. As a kid, I always thought having a black and white checkered floor would be the bee’s knees. (Love that phrase!)

Hope to post some before and after pics of my kitchen in the next few weeks.

LOVED THIS ENTIRE MAKEOVER!