April Fools! part three

April Fools! part three
Welcome to our final installment of wacky April Fool’s projects. When most people tackle a makeover, it’s usually something like a chair, or an ugly old shelf, or some such.
 Very few, and by very few I mean once, has anyone sent me a plastic deer head makeover.
 This before deer honestly looks like something that you might find near the singing fish decor in Wal-Mart. But Lindsay was thinking less Wal-Mart, more Z Gallerie, where she had spotted a faux deer mount for $220.
 So she got out the high gloss white and classed up that deer, and now he’s looking like this and light years away from this.

1. April 1, 2010 / 10:28 PM

I love it!! Where did she find the “before”? I want one!!!

2. April 1, 2010 / 11:56 PM

haha! even I got a kick out of this, and it’s MINE! 🙂 well, first off his name is Oliver and i found him by googling “fake resin deer.” i ended up getting him from a seller on kaboodle, but there are also some floating around eBay under those same search words. we love him!

3. April 2, 2010 / 1:38 AM

Not often do I find a “before and after” so amusing! Love it!
    – Taylor

4. April 2, 2010 / 3:03 AM

I know a girl who has a boutique store in my town and she found an old real deer mount and spray painted it hot pink for her shop!!! It is too cute!!!! I like yours too!

5. April 2, 2010 / 7:06 AM

This one makes my top 10 FOR SURE!

6. April 2, 2010 / 4:01 PM

Ok, so I will admit I had this idea a while back and I’m happy to see I’m not the only one! Much better use of a target practice dummy, IMO! ox

7. April 3, 2010 / 10:32 PM

How clever. I love this white deer!! And you’re so right, the white resins you see everywhere cost a small fortune. Ok, I gotta try this. First, I need a deer. ha. Thanks for sharing. best, -susan

8. April 5, 2010 / 8:36 PM

This is awesome – I’d love to do it for our little place up in the mountains where “Rustic Chic” is the theme. Did she use a spray paint or a semi-gloss white painted on with a brush??

9. April 6, 2010 / 8:13 PM

i’m so glad y’all like the ole’ deer!

i used gloss spray paint and then got in the little crevices (in the ears, nostrils) with a small brush.

that sounded so weird. 🙂

anyway, here’s my blog: http://dancingthrulife.blogspot.com