April Fools! part one

April Fools! part one
In honor of April Fool’s day, today I’m going to show a few projects that are just too zany to believe!

First up is this chair makeover by Tootsie, featured on her blog Tootsie Time. Before, a faded, plain wingback chair. And after … did she recover it in leather somehow? It’s so precise … and … shiny …
 Do not adjust your monitors, what you are looking at is layers and layers of latex paint! I’ve seen fabric spray painted before, but never this effect. I bet you could wipe stains right off! I admit, I’m not super fond of the color, but imagine the possibilities… Zany, I tell ya.

1. April 1, 2010 / 2:49 PM

Woah. That’s pretty bizarre!

How creative.

2. April 1, 2010 / 3:01 PM

That’s…very…umm…interesting?

3. April 1, 2010 / 3:16 PM

Whoa… interesting. Wonder what it feels like…?

4. April 1, 2010 / 8:14 PM

All that paint kinda make it look like leather!

5. April 1, 2010 / 10:22 PM

Hey, the kid’s couldn’t stain it! I think its a good idea!

6. April 2, 2010 / 5:08 AM

well…the color has since changed to a nice deep red…and I love it! lol
    I am so flattered that you put that on your blog!!! thank you! I posted that chair since and the rest of my hand made living room…thanks so much!!! happy easter!

7. April 2, 2010 / 12:15 PM

okay, last summer in a moment of madness I painted the fabric on my dining room chairs. Lets just say that ultrasuede and paint do not mix – the fabric feels like sandpaper… slipcovers were made and new chairs are being eyeballed… this makeover looks alot more successful than mine 🙂

8. April 2, 2010 / 12:15 PM

9. April 2, 2010 / 12:15 PM

10. February 8, 2013 / 3:09 AM

OMG!!! I was looking at your posts…and stopped dead in my tracks! THAT’S MY KID’S ROOM!!! THAT IS MY CHAIR! lol
    thank you soooo much for featuring me! what a compliment…
    three years later she says thank you!!!
    hugs!

11. February 8, 2013 / 3:12 AM

and by the way!!!….the chair…is still standing! It holds up really well…and still feels and looks like leather. A little furniture polish makes it shiny and very slippery! lol