White Wicker

White Wicker
I’m back! From where, I don’t know, because our spring break was totally lame. I did give my son’s bedroom a pretty major makeover, but guess what? I forgot to take before and after pictures. It’s true! Someday I’ll figure out how to screw my head on straight. Maybe.
 Well, I hope you had a good week! And I’m so excited about the new advertisers that have signed on to sponsor Better After! I will be introducing them throughout the week, so yay for that!
 Also, I just got a couple of the sweetest comments from one Shane’s Angie, but she didn’t leave a way to contact her, so shout out to you Shane’s Angie! Thanks for making my day a whole heckuva lot nicer!
 OK, on to the goods: Andrea from Andrea’s Attic found these chairs on Craigslist for $50. Yikes! She must have seen their hidden potential, because I would have run the other way. Sure enough, they look awesome with a fresh coat of paint and new cushions. I also love the personalized Mr. & Mrs. pillows! Check out her blog: Andrea’s Attic, especially if you are considering painting wicker, as she offers some great tips. Tips that would have come in handy back when I was painting a wicker piece of my own and burned through about 20 cans of spray paint.

1. March 22, 2010 / 2:43 PM

Your blog ….. it’s amazing and soooo inspiring. Nice to find you!

A small footprint from Agneta & Sweden

Ps. I have an ongoing jewelry contest on my blog. Welcome! Ds

2. March 22, 2010 / 2:59 PM

Good Morning-I love the way those chairs turned out, Im not a big wicker fan, but those look pretty cute, and I LOVE the mr. and mrs. pillows-I WILL be doing that…Just Love THis avenue.Years ago, when we did a bunch of fixing up on our home, and didnt know which color or which granite to use, we use to say we wished there was a before and after bullitin at home depot, so we could get ideas if it would work in our home.AND NOW there is you..LOVing IT..
    Karryann (Gracefully Vintage) I will be a Follower….and pass it on at my work to customers who could use ideas.

3. March 22, 2010 / 3:04 PM

Yay! Your back!
    Your posts were missed here!!

I love the after! I’m heading over to her blog to see some of those painting wicker tips! 🙂

4. March 22, 2010 / 3:17 PM

I’m w/the poster above. Not a big wicker fan, but those look fabulous now! And, the pillows are adorable.

5. March 22, 2010 / 4:54 PM

Love it! I’m feeling inspired! I’m going out to look for some chairs for my porch! And the “Mr. and Mrs.” pillows…I’m drooling!

6. March 22, 2010 / 6:14 PM

Okay. Those Mr. and Mrs. pillows are awesome! We just framed out our front porch and have been waiting for the perfect chairs to put out there. I just love this stuff. So much character!

7. March 22, 2010 / 6:14 PM

8. March 22, 2010 / 10:43 PM

What a transformation. I LOVE the wicker chairs in white. Good call! And the cushions are darling, too. Such a brilliant idea…

9. March 24, 2010 / 1:34 AM

love those pillows!

kelly

10. August 30, 2011 / 1:29 PM

Those are gorgeous! As I own several pieces of wicker myself, I’m off to read some tips!