Denise’s Kitchen

Denise’s Kitchen
The fleshy pink paint! The knotty wood! It’s … it’s everywhere! It makes me think of intestines and caves and lumberjacks. I feel like I’ve been eaten alive by Paul Bunyan.
 (If you recall, I can’t look at knotty wood for too long without getting creeped the heck out).
 That after is like freedom and fresh air and springtime and happiness. Love it. Thanks to Denise for sharing this great redo!

1. March 11, 2010 / 3:33 PM

Wow so much more crisp…I like!

2. March 11, 2010 / 3:42 PM

So much better! But I had to laugh about your reaction to knotty pine. These are the cabinets my mother had in her kitchen and they bring back fond memories for me. I hate to think what you would have done seeing our dining room which was completely paneled in the stuff!

3. March 11, 2010 / 3:51 PM

And THIS is why I love white kitchens. Anything would have been better than the before but nothing could have made everything as light and clean as white. I love it. LOVE it!

4. March 11, 2010 / 5:01 PM

Wow, looks fantastic! I love everything about it, right down to the open shelf above the microwave! Because we have one, too – maybe I started a trend! Okay, okay, so probably not (she probably did that first), but hey, it’s still fun to imagine myself a trendsetter. lol 🙂

5. March 11, 2010 / 5:16 PM

Wow that looks fabulous! So light and brighty and cheery! And beautiful.

And dangit you need to warn people that you are funny. I almost spit tea all over my monitor laughing at “It makes me think of intestines and caves and lumberjacks. I feel like I’ve been eaten alive by Paul Bunyan.” 😉

6. March 11, 2010 / 5:44 PM

so much better. great job.

7. March 11, 2010 / 6:31 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.

8. March 11, 2010 / 6:33 PM

A breath of fresh air!

~ And I am with you Lindsey! I do not like the knotty wood…

Where I live.. it’s trendy and popular!

9. March 11, 2010 / 8:47 PM

Thank you so so so much for visiting my blog and posting comments!! I really appreciate it!!

Allison

10. March 11, 2010 / 10:10 PM

Now where were all of you when I didn’t think that I should ever paint over wood? Everyone thought that I was nuts, except for the one friend who told me the truth…and I am so glad that I followed that advice. No more caves, lumberjacks and intestines for me…LOL! Thank you everyone for the kind comments. Since those pictures were taken I have opened up another shelf on one side of the microwave and am contemplating opening up the other side too!

11. March 11, 2010 / 10:29 PM

Denise,

I am so PROUD of you. You took a risk and worked your tail off to get this beautiful kitchen (ALL that PAINTIING!!!). I am glad you love it and get to enjoy it everyday!

12. March 11, 2010 / 11:16 PM

Yay Denise- the after looks fabulous and now everyone can enjoy your kitchen in all of it’s glory!

Fantastic job- I’m glad you listened too.

13. March 11, 2010 / 11:44 PM

Gorgeous…

14. March 12, 2010 / 12:16 AM

LOVE THIS!

15. March 12, 2010 / 10:03 AM

that is fantastic.. you just cant beat white kitchens with green walls it just looks so fresh..
    great transformation
    xx

16. March 12, 2010 / 4:18 PM

“i feel like i’ve been eaten alive by Paul Bunyan.” bahahahaha! lindsey, you made me laugh out loud on that one. too funny!

in all seriousness, this kitchen looks great!