Crocker Chair

Crocker Chair
Patrice had this chair for about 15 years. It had belonged to her dad who passed away in 1994. She says “It’s been sitting in my garage all that time, waiting for my inspiration. When my mom found out I was painting it she flipped, but I know that my dad would have wanted me to make it exactly the way I envisioned it could be, something that was ‘my style’ and would make me smile every time I looked at it. I had to take a ton of pics beforehand because I had to disassemble it. It is very old, made by the Crocker Chair Co. from Sheboygan, WI. I did some research online and found a catalog dated 1930 with a picture of the chair. The Crocker Chair Co. ended up closing during the depression. These chairs are valuable online, but since I’m keeping this forever, its value to me is much greater.”
Thanks Patrice! How special to be able to preserve something so precious and be able to use it everyday. I’m sure your dad would be proud!

1. March 23, 2010 / 2:19 PM

Looks great! I have one of these at home…the wheel keeps falling off!

2. March 23, 2010 / 2:21 PM

It looks great. I love it. Sometimes we just have to go for the paint… if we love it that’s what matters.

3. March 23, 2010 / 2:53 PM

Love it white! 🙂

4. March 23, 2010 / 3:05 PM

Wow! That chair has been given a new life, it is really gorgeous in white!

5. March 23, 2010 / 3:31 PM

I am sitting in the same chair (also painted white) as I type this. I found mine by the side of the road and have used it for my desk chair ever since.

6. March 23, 2010 / 5:23 PM

Love it…what a wonderful use for such a special chair!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Kelly

7. March 23, 2010 / 6:39 PM

Wow, so nice and I like that she kep its original charm!

8. March 23, 2010 / 6:46 PM

This is really nice! What a great change.

9. March 23, 2010 / 8:05 PM

I love the fact that the chair came from your family. You are so blessed! And I love the way it turned out.
    You do know that on ebay they can go (at lease the ones with arms) quite high.
    Question if you do not mind. I see your button and want to add to my site. Just where on earth do I place it?
    Sorry if dumb question..whats an oldie dealer of antiques like me know…as I laugh at myself.
    Cheers,
    cindykay

10. March 24, 2010 / 1:33 PM

Wow, thanks everyone for such nice comments about my chair! I’m pretty proud to be on Better After!

If cindykay was asking for ‘my’ link I don’t have one right now but it’s in the works…and when it’s done I’ll definitely be linking up with Better After.

-patrice

11. June 17, 2010 / 5:46 PM

My grandparents have one just like the Before sitting in their basement! I have been waiting (not so) patiently for them to offer it to me for years…

12. July 1, 2013 / 5:39 PM

Hi Lindsey,
    I was wondering if you could tell me…is this chair numbered? I bought the exact same one from an antique store yesterday, and I’m trying to figure out what the numbered plate on the lower back portion of the seat represents. I don’t know if it’s significant or not, but it’s an oval metal plate stamped with the number 644. I’m hoping it will offer a clue as to where this chair came from.

Thanks!