Victorian Victory

Victorian Victory
This might possibly be the most expensive Better After I’ve ever featured! Actually, coming in at a cost of $140,000, it is definitely the most expensive.
 After purchasing this house, Dorian W discovered that the 1896 Victorian home was a rare design by architect George Franklin Barber. An unfortunate “remodel” decades later had compromised the artistic quality of the home. However, he was able to find the plans and restore this home to it’s original glory. Amazing!
 Featured on This Old House.

1. January 27, 2010 / 11:24 PM

honestly, i liked it better before. but then again, i don’t really care for victorians. to each their own.

2. January 28, 2010 / 12:42 AM

Love it!

3. January 28, 2010 / 12:42 AM

I love Victorian homes! Beautiful!

4. January 28, 2010 / 1:20 AM

Ok I hate to be biased against people who have a bunch of money to spend, but I prefer the cheaper afters.

On that note, I like the house before and after.

5. January 28, 2010 / 1:56 AM

Gorgeous house. You dont see many of those in my neck of the woods. I would luuuuurve to own one!

I like both the before and after as well.

Not to be critical either but I prefer the cheaper before and afters a well. I think it’s easy to make something look gorgeous with thousands of dollars.

6. January 28, 2010 / 2:01 AM

I grew up in a tiny town in rural Ohio and I just LOVE seeing people take these gorgeously crafted homes and restore them and keep their integrity. I’m sure much of the cost went into craftsman who care about their art not just a cool paint job. I love this entry!

7. January 28, 2010 / 2:27 AM

Holy crap, that is beautiful!

I think that this was more than an “After” and really a “Restoration”. I love the idea of restoring these grand old houses to their original glory.

8. January 28, 2010 / 4:49 AM

Wow, that’s just beautiful! I wonder if it’s in a historical district.

9. January 28, 2010 / 12:17 PM

How lucky this home was to house an owner who adores it.

10. January 28, 2010 / 5:10 PM

How cool is this . . . . I drive by that house EVERY DAY on my way to work!!! (The mayor lives in it!) It is even more beautiful in person. Of course as you can tell this house is on a corner. . . on two of the other corners at this intersection are other Victorian homes that have been brought back to their original beauty.

11. January 30, 2010 / 4:10 PM

Gorgeous restoration!! Man, to live in a house like that…