Katie’s Staircase

Katie’s Staircase
This staircase was a little bland, especially when compared to that fabulous millwork going on in the room up front. So Katie, AKA Yoga Gal, and her husband dressed it up with some trim and paint, and now it looks great! I love that look, so very classic and custom. Thanks Katie!

1. November 19, 2009 / 4:58 PM

Insanely gorgeous! And now I’m jealous and want a staircase…

2. November 19, 2009 / 5:53 PM

that is amazing!

3. November 19, 2009 / 6:06 PM

Wow!!! Looks great!!

4. November 19, 2009 / 6:38 PM

Wow, that truly is a gorgeous staircase!

5. November 19, 2009 / 6:43 PM

that is BEAUTIFUL!

6. November 19, 2009 / 9:20 PM

Gorgeous! That’s exactly what I’ve been planning for my staircase! I have textured walls, though, so I’d have to go through the trouble of cutting/putting up mdf boards before I could do the moulding. Ughh…such a project!

7. November 20, 2009 / 12:27 AM

Is the part that is white on the slanted part of the stairs is that just painted or did you also install wood there with the molding.
    I’ve considered doing that on the big wall going up my stairs. I love this idea.

8. November 23, 2009 / 6:07 PM

Wow, those changes created some major impact. Nice work.

9. November 27, 2009 / 2:07 AM

Hello! Thank you for all of the super nice comments! 🙂 The funny thing is that the biggest reason why we put this up was funtional- we have two grimy little kids (with a clumsy mom :)) who were getting our staircase dirty. This wainscoting is high gloss and much easier to clean.

Joy: We did the beauty boxes up the staircase too.

To see the whole process, here are the original posts:

And a big THANK YOU to Lindsey- my son and I love to look at the before and after pics together!!!