Red Room Redo

Red Room Redo
You know how I feel about red walls. Iffy. Sometimes … they can be a bit … much. Here’s a perfect example. Trish’s old dining room felt dark and cavelike, despite the 11.5 foot ceilings. The lone, north-facing window was fighting a losing battle against all that overpowering red!
 But with the perfect shade of buttery yellow, just look at the transformation! Somehow it looks 3 times bigger! See more lovely photos of the after at her blog, The Old Post Road.

1. October 28, 2009 / 3:15 PM

It’s gorgeous now, huh? So many people got on the “red dining room train” over the last 10 years – this new room looks so much softer, relaxing and sophisticated!

2. October 28, 2009 / 3:30 PM

Yes I agree— I am drawn to red accessories, but its just too much for me on walls.. that being said, hubs and I first apartment was painted red below the chair rail and bright yellow above- what were we thinking? But everyone who walked in there said “Oh I LOVE it” (maybe they were being polite- haha!)

3. October 28, 2009 / 4:09 PM

It doesn’t even look like the same room. Red is one of my favorite colors for decorating, but four red walls can get a bit overwhelming.

4. October 28, 2009 / 4:16 PM

Wow, a perfect example of how paint can transform a room. It’s beautiful!

5. October 28, 2009 / 4:16 PM

Wow, a perfect example of how paint can transform a room. It’s beautiful!

6. October 28, 2009 / 4:16 PM

Wow, a perfect example of how paint can transform a room. It’s beautiful!

7. October 28, 2009 / 5:27 PM

Wow, looks great! It looks so much warmer now. I love the classic decor, simple and timeless. The fireplace is to die for!

8. October 28, 2009 / 6:26 PM

I think the redo is fab! I love neutrals anyway and think this turned out beautiful! So much better!

9. October 28, 2009 / 9:53 PM

It looks so bright and big now!

10. October 29, 2009 / 2:08 PM

que lindo, como gustó el detalle de las sillas, justo eso andaba buscando para las mias, ya quew a mi esposo no le gusta pintar los muebles, los porefiere color madera, asi estas fundas le darán el toque blanco natural que estoy buscandoi, muy buena idea TE FELICITO!!!!

Me llamo Chany soy de Argentina, tengo unblog de reciclados plásticos, donde enseño manualidades, y tengo mi blog-casa donde eres muy bienvenida:

La casa de Chany

Hasta pronto.-

11. October 29, 2009 / 7:51 PM

Yeahhh! This excites me because I just painted my dining room a buttery yellow but haven’t finished putting up the trim yet. And I did it because I need light to enjoy my home so I chose the yellow to please myself. It’s nice to know that sometimes in your own creative mind,you do have good ideas.

First time I’ve been to this site and am enjoying it. I came via Old Post Road.

Lee Ann