No Mere Chandelier

No Mere Chandelier
Happy Friday! Get ready for some chandelier makeovers comin’ atcha!

I have amassed a healthy collection of chandelier before and afters, and what I love about them is they are ALL THE SAME chandelier! Even I have it! (Try to guess which is mine. Ok, I’ll tell you. It’s the first one!)

So, without further ado, here are the ladies:

Woof!

Some matte black and toile covered shades, courtesy of moi. (Ha ha, I linked to myself, so I wouldn’t feel left out!) Ok, moving on:

The two-tiered version, simple and chic, by The Mrs. at House it Going. (Gotta love that name!)

Miss Mustard Seed herself, went the extra mile by including faux wax-drippings made with a glue gun! Brilliant!

A fall-ified, oil-rubbed-bronze beauty from the Enchantresses 3. See more HERE.

I would redecorate my whole existence around this one. From Cookie.

I sincerely revere this premier chandelier! Very glamourous redo from Cathy at The Stylish House.
And now here are a couple that aren’t the same, but were too fun to resist!

Funky ribbon fun from David.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe this was done with nail polish! Of all things! Wowzers. From Theresa.

Have a great weekend friends!

1. October 3, 2009 / 6:13 AM

THE BLUE ONE – I gasped out loud!!! It’s Gorgeous! Swoon….

2. October 3, 2009 / 6:54 AM

ooo…i love me some crystal chandelier!

3. October 3, 2009 / 9:05 AM

I think yours is STUNNING! Love it – love them all really.

4. October 3, 2009 / 11:55 AM

I have been looking for an old chandelier to remake for my dining room, the light we have now points down (and is soldered) and is HOT, plus I can’t do anything fabulous with it!!! Thanks for the links! I am following you.

5. October 3, 2009 / 1:20 PM

You are too funny! Linking to yourself so you don’t feel left out. Thanks for my smile for the morning. I love chandelier transformations! The ribbon one has to be my favorite, but I can’t imagine the time it took to do that.

6. October 3, 2009 / 4:08 PM

Love them all. Yours – matte black – perfect. But that blue one … I also gasped. Okay, I gasped for the ribbon one too.

7. October 3, 2009 / 7:32 PM

Wow! They are all so beautiful. It is amazing how the same item can be transformed so many different ways. Now I can’t wait to get one for myself!!

8. October 3, 2009 / 10:57 PM

Thanks for the mention! I always love it. Anyway, I love the blue one and the funky green & pink one. Really great makeovers and proof that you don’t need to drop a chunk of change on a new chandelier.

9. October 3, 2009 / 11:36 PM

I really like the ribbon chandelier! I have another one to redo and I am liking that idea. Mine isn’t finished yet, I still have to put the dangles back. I dipped some of the dangles in nail polish but they looked awful, so I have to clean them.The rest of the chandelier was done using acrylic paint mixed with white glue.
    regards,
    Theresa

10. October 3, 2009 / 11:52 PM

Hi Lindsey,
    What a wonderful blog you have filled with so many fantastic ideas! Thank you for including me in this fun chandelier makeover post.
    Cathy

11. October 4, 2009 / 2:21 AM

How fun! It’s like a Miss Chandelier USA pageant! haha I love chandelier makeovers – so pretty! Great job everyone!!!

Roeshel

12. October 4, 2009 / 2:25 AM

Ok ok…I’ve hit the jackpot over here!! So many wonderful ideas!!!
    I love your blog..thanks for all the goodies.

13. October 4, 2009 / 3:19 AM

Thank you for this post! I just convinced DH to let me put one of those brass beasts (with a paint job, of course) in our hallway!

14. October 4, 2009 / 10:37 PM

It’s official, girls love chandeliers! I posted when I turned mine into a candle chandy over my tub and the girls went crazy 🙂

15. October 5, 2009 / 7:39 AM

your bloggy is great! {double arm pump} I LOVE all your clever/cute posts. Can’t wait to see more!…oh and hi! I’m new 🙂

16. October 6, 2009 / 12:39 AM

Thanks so much for linking us!!! I love them all!!!! I check your blog daily! You are kick awesome!:) p.s. I am in the process of re-doing a china cabinet I got on Craigslist. I will e-mail you pics when I am done!
    Hugs,
    Sariah

17. November 10, 2011 / 5:38 AM

Oh thank God I’m not the only one with this horrible chandelier. I needed some great ideas for rehabbing mine. A must-do-immediately project!

18. April
    August 22, 2014 / 11:19 AM

I am redoing the brass chandelier right now. Is there a reason that people haven’t taken the giant ball off the bottom? I just threw mine away and it still seems to hang just fine.