Coffee Table Collaboration

Coffee Table Collaboration
Sometimes I run… Sometimes I hide … Sometimes I’m scared of you…
 I don’t know what I can say about this before other than wow. And maybe even hot damn.
 What on Earth possessed someone to make a Kid Rock/Britney Spears coffee table? I repeat, A KID ROCK SLASH BRITNEY SPEARS COFFEE TABLE!
 And not even a GOOD one! See the closeups HERE. If you’re really commited to this idea of producing an unholy collaboration between two skanky pop-stars and functional living room decor, than for crying out loud, at least do a good job! What decorating style did this fit in with? Too Drunk to Care?
 Anyway, as horrendously bad as the before is, check out that after. *insert heavenly music here* Lindsay from Living with Lindsay truly gave it new life. It’s unbelievably gorgeous! And all for around $40 for materials. (Don’t you worry, she didn’t pay a penny for the actual table, it was a Craigslist freebie.)
 (As well it should be).

1. October 20, 2009 / 7:28 AM

Just wanted to chime and in say how absolutely disturbing that coffee table was and how awesome it is now. Wow!
    BTW, love your blog!

2. October 20, 2009 / 11:58 AM

Wow, that table was something ..um…different! It looks lovely now. Nice redo!

3. October 20, 2009 / 12:07 PM

that coffee table was absolutely one of the most fabulously random things i have ever seen! i love the fantastic makeover….but i’m a little sad to see the utter ridiculousness gone….

4. October 20, 2009 / 1:05 PM

TERRIFIC redo! That poor table was crying for help. Fantastic!
    Lisa

5. October 20, 2009 / 1:23 PM

that takes some serious vision to have seen ANY good in that table. a very lovely re-do. well done!

6. October 20, 2009 / 1:39 PM

She did such a good job ~ this doesn’t even look like the same table! Glad she saw the potential in it. I’m not sure I would have given it a second look.

7. October 20, 2009 / 2:49 PM

What an amazing transformation! I especially loved the addition of the bead board.

I am truly impressed.

8. October 20, 2009 / 7:14 PM

OK – my first thought at the before was “Why?” – that was all I could think of – well that and then “Why him and her?” I mean really Britney and Kidd?

And then I got to the after and it was, “Ahhhh”, just like a breath of fresh air.

I would have been a total snob and walked right past ole Brit and Kidd and not seen any potential in that mess!!

9. October 20, 2009 / 9:12 PM

That “after” table is absolutely gorgeous!

I can’t help but think that the “before” was a joke…maybe someone lost a bet, or did it on a dare. Who would think that looks good? LOL…

10. October 20, 2009 / 9:19 PM

Okay, I’m pretty excited…I just realized that I have a coffee table very similar to that one in storage that I found at a garage sale for $5. I’m gonna take a trip to the storage unit and look again, but if it can turn out like that…WOW!! I’m definitely going to move it up on the “to do” list.

11. October 21, 2009 / 3:53 AM

Um, WOW! LOL!

MUCH better after 🙂

12. October 21, 2009 / 4:00 AM

um, hi, my name is maggie, and i owned a fabulously trashy, celebrity/reality star covered, mod-podged to every inch of its life coffee table. in fact, it looked almost exactly like the same build of this coffee table, only our middle box was only open on one side.

we loved that table. and yes, spent many drunken nights gluing down the olsen twins, bald britney wielding an umbrella, and shia lebouf. [don’t judge me.]

so all i’m saying is, much love to the coffee table before.

and, it looks great after too. 🙂

13. October 22, 2009 / 7:01 AM

Now THAT is a transformation! Wow!