Black, Black, Black

Black, Black, Black
Come to the dark side today with these three projects featuring … BLACK PAINT! First up is a dresser turned bar by Alice from Once Upon a Dresser. I love that this could be used in so many different ways. Check out her blog to see where it’s stationed now!

And the bookcase turned TV stand from the other day got some rave reviews, so here is another entertainment center repurpose from Ann Marie. She says,

“Our old tube TV died after years of use, and after I did a happy dance that the purchase of a new flat panel TV would now be justified, I started pricing entertainment centers to house a new flat panel. Whew! They are really expensive! Even just a cheap laminate Walmart one could easily be at least $200! The ones that I was drawn to were, inevitably, at least $800.

I knew that I would have to think outside the box to find something that would work, be beautiful, fit my style, and find it on the cheap! I found this old china hutch at Goodwill for $40! I removed the back, the shelves (all except one that I moved up for the DVD player and VCR) and the center brace. I sanded, primed, painted, added new Hobby Lobby pulls, and voila!! I LOVE it, arguably more than DH loves the new flat panel!”

Thanks Ann Marie!

And finally, this lovely buffet redo comes courtesy of Ashley from Decorating Obsessed. It looks so chic all dressed up in black!

1. October 23, 2009 / 5:55 PM

Love them all! Especially the last one.

2. October 23, 2009 / 6:06 PM

That first dresser project blem my mind.

I like this…especially since I just bought black paint for my bed! 🙂

3. October 23, 2009 / 6:40 PM

They’re all terrific redo’s but I’m lovin’ that dreser turned bar.
    Black is the new White!
    Lisa

4. October 23, 2009 / 7:17 PM

Wow!! These are all great. Especially love the look of the last one. Thanks for sharing!

5. October 23, 2009 / 9:19 PM

I love the idea of turning a dresser into a buffet or bar. It looks stunning!

6. Jessica H
    October 23, 2009 / 10:43 PM

I *WANT* that wall candle thingie from the last redo. WANT!

7. October 23, 2009 / 11:04 PM

what a great example of what a coat of paint and new hardware can do to an old piece that has great lines . I have a bit of a black obsession myself right now, so this post was right up my alley!

perfect blend of old and new. the last one was my fave!

8. October 24, 2009 / 1:22 AM

that hutch-turned-entertainment center is awesome!

9. October 25, 2009 / 3:36 PM

Great transformations! I love the dresser turned into a bar. Such creativity.

10. October 25, 2009 / 10:59 PM

Ashley!! Congrats, the dresser still looks amazing! 🙂

11. December 7, 2009 / 8:14 PM

As a redesigner/homestager I strive to create living spaces that are current but not costly. My goal is to reuse my clients’ furnishings. You have taught me to see the potential in all styles of furniture. Love how you morphed the chest of drawers into open shelves. And that tired old bureau which I mighthave tossed,with its black paint and sleek new hardware.. I can’t take my eyes off of it!
    Joanne from Halifax
    homestagingravereview.blogspot.com

12. December 7, 2009 / 8:14 PM

Joanne from Halifax
    homestagingravereview.blogspot.com

13. December 7, 2009 / 8:14 PM

Joanne from Halifax
    homestagingravereview.blogspot.com

14. October 20, 2012 / 9:54 PM

I do the same on my stuff lots of black that’s what seems to sell much better than any color of furniture pieces. Great job on repurposing stuff. I like your blog for inspiration.