Shanty 2 Chic

Shanty 2 Chic
I think I must have been in the bathroom when they were giving out talents, because other than the fact that I can make funny shapes out of pancake batter, I’m severely lacking in the creativity department. Especially compared to Ashley and Whitney, the two sisters behind Shanty 2 Chic, who I’m pretty sure went back for seconds at the talent buffet.
This first project of Whitney’s has been posted on approximately 735 other blogs, so chances are you’ve seen it, but that just means it’s really good. So check it out again. Behold, the shutter headboard:

Headboard Tutorial HERE.
***

Here’s another cute one. Not fans of the cheesy, pastel “FRIENDS” blocks, they transformed them into vintage looking dice! Love!

Dice tutorial can be found HERE.
***
 And this next project is super lovely. Who would have thought to remove the drawers and cabinets of that old highboy and line the back with burlap? Um, not me. I’m too busy making Speed Racer pancakes.

Check out the tutorial HERE, and find even more great projects on their blog to smolder with jealousy at.

I know what you’re thinking. “Hey, what about the Speed Racer pancake tutorial?” Ok, here it is: Speed Racer pancakes look like regular pancakes, only lumpier. Just don’t tell my 3 year old.

1. September 10, 2009 / 11:10 AM

Yeah! Thanks so much for featuring us!! You’re the BOMB!
    ~Ashley & Whitney

2. September 10, 2009 / 12:54 PM

Hey chickie! I’ve been loving perusing all of the before and afters, what great inspiration! Had to add you to my blog roll. 🙂 Have a great day!

3. September 10, 2009 / 1:41 PM

I’ve just been through all your archives and I must tell you that I love your blog!! Before and afters are my favorite!

4. September 10, 2009 / 4:03 PM

Love those dice! It’s fun to see great before and afters!

5. September 10, 2009 / 5:10 PM

I just discovered your blog and love it. I’m signing up as a follower and hope you’ll do the same.

Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

6. September 10, 2009 / 5:18 PM

I’m so happy you commented on my blog so I could find you here. You are a girl after my own heart! I too love before and afters, but lack creativity and love finding inspiration through other bloggers’ projects. Thanks for the sweet comment on my table/desk! I can’t wait to be inspired by more of your features.

7. September 10, 2009 / 10:58 PM

Love all of the projects – they look gorgeous! And how fun to be able to do it with your sister!!
    You have highlighted some amazing projects lately!!

8. September 10, 2009 / 11:47 PM

These are ALL fabulous! Now I want to go find me some shutters so I can make a pretty headboard!

hehe. I just love the way you write… so funny and charming!

9. September 11, 2009 / 2:17 AM

even though you may have ADHD and no creative bones…you came up with an AMAZING blog! i absolutely love it! I live for before and afters so this blog is like my heaven! thanks so much for sharing! …youve got a new follower 🙂

10. September 11, 2009 / 2:34 AM

I love these pics… favorite is the dice. How sweet is that? And the shutters – I’d have so thrown them out… the vision just isn’t there.
    You people make me smile.

11. September 11, 2009 / 6:03 AM

I am definately a follower. Amazing blog- so… what bathroom were you in, because I think you are OOzing with Talent!! FYI- I was in the other bathroom!

12. March 22, 2010 / 5:17 AM

Thanks to you, this horrific day battling strep throat has had a delightful end. I’ve spent over an hour now going through your blog and I just can’t get enough. OH, and guess what? I’m not just in it for the before and afters. Your comments crack me up. Seriously, I’m thanking my lucky stars some blog had a link to yours and now I’ve got a new Blog world BFF. Tomorrow, I’m calling all my sisters and sister-in-laws (That’s a lot of people by the way) and I’m going to tell them about this blog. Then, as soon as I’ve been on my antibiotic for 24 hours, I’m heading to the thrift store so I can transform something. Then, I’m going to e-mail you a picture, and you’ll have to (a)debate about whether to post it and know everyone thinks you are crazy for posting something so horrific or (b) send it to the recycle bin. I’d go for b, but either way, know that this is one of the funnest blogs I’ve ever perused and your commentary has made me reconsider drinking Diet Coke while looking at it. It really burns coming up the nose…