Rambling on and on about myself

Rambling on and on about myself
It’s Friday! I usually like to leave you with something astounding to gaze at over the weekend, but that’s not the case today. Instead, you get a little before and after from none other than myself! Get excited!
Ok, don’t get too excited, because all I did was take my superbly disgusting mousepad and give it some pretty new fabric. Yes, that is truly what my mousepad has looked like for the last few … years. (hangs head in shame).
 But isn’t almost everyone’s mousepad kind of gross and grubby? No? Just me? I knew it.
 Well, not anymore, thanks to some scrap fabric and that fusible hem tape webbing stuff. I don’t know what it’s called. You know what I mean. Too … lazy … to … Google.

And, my little ol‘ blog got an award, what what! Thanks Janell from Isabella and Max Rooms!
I’m supposed to share some facts about myself, so here goes:
 #1 I always count how many steps I take wherever I walk. I told you I’m a little OCD. 94 to the mailbox!
 #2 Despite my compulsive counting, I always ALWAYS skip the 80’s when I’m counting somehow. 77, 78, 79, 90!
 #3 Despite the first two facts, I hate numbers and am really bad at math.
 #4 I will eat pretty much anything, (cheerios off the high chair, expired yogurt, iffy looking potato salad) but I am a SNOB when it comes to butter, of all things. Margarine, barf.
 #5 I know they are kind of a decor-rage right now, but owls freak me the heck out.
 #6 I sing in my car. Loudly. With hand gestures. It’s … not good. If someone pulls up next to me, I pretend I’m on my phone and keep on singing.
 #7 I like to try out new mottos to live by. Current motto is “If you’re bored, then you’re boring.”
 #8 I hate going to the movies. I’m almost always disappointed and then I get mad for wasting 12 bucks on something lame.
 #9 But I watch the heck out of my TV! Greys Anatomy, (although the season premiere made me want to jump off a cliff it was so depressing), The Office, SYTYCD, Project Runway, The Soup, are a few favorites.
 #10 And finally, I just want to say a big fat THANK YOU to all my fabulous followers and subscribers and loyal commenters! You guys seriously rock my socks. I wish I could personally high five every one of you! Have a great weekend!

1. September 26, 2009 / 1:08 AM

I have to say that is a great idea to recover your mousepad. I actually have a ton of these from promotions that I could cover. I’d be making pretty mousepads and using some of the bits of fabric I can’t seem to get rid of.

2. September 26, 2009 / 2:17 AM

Lindsay, I can’t believe I am saying it for all the world to see, but I have #4 in common with you. I am bad with eating whatever, whenever. As long as it isn’t green and fuzzy, it is all good. We must have great stomachs.

Congrats on your award!

3. September 26, 2009 / 3:17 AM

Your mouse pad is adorible!!!! I loved learning some fun facts about you!!!
    Hugs,
    Sariah

4. September 26, 2009 / 11:31 AM

That is really cute! Yes, our mouse pad is grubby. And old! Its an AOL/Compaq one that came with our first computer, 8 years ago!

Congrats on the award!

5. September 26, 2009 / 12:24 PM

haha…owls freak me out too! What is up with those creepy things?

Love your blog!

Nicole

6. September 26, 2009 / 1:19 PM

Loving the mousepad and I’m with you on the owl thing! So fun to learn more about you! Have a great weekend…

7. September 26, 2009 / 2:12 PM

Loved learning those tid-bits about you – I know what it is about the 80’s – we all want to forget that period – big hair, blue eyeshadow up to our eyebrows or at least I do ’cause that is just what I looked like!

Loved the mouse pad – you go girl!

Have a good one –

8. September 26, 2009 / 3:49 PM

Cute after pic, love reading your blog just about everyday. just starting out my blog and the links you provide on the before & afters to everyones sites is cool.

thanks,
    jody

9. September 26, 2009 / 7:58 PM

I’m so inspired by your mouse pad project, I would have NEVER thought of that. Great job sis! God’s blessings on your weekend, Sarah 😀

10. September 27, 2009 / 12:30 AM

LUV that mousepad…looking good!
    Blessings,
    Linda

11. November 14, 2009 / 1:07 AM

Just found your blog and i LOVE it!! it is so inspiring. my husband inherited a huge owl picture/painting from the ’60s. Totally creeps me out so it was moved to the shed!